Monday 11 March 2013

Guests and sleep....


We have had a weekend filled with friends visiting.

On Friday evening my friends from work came for dinner and to see our new place. Talk about being stressed!!! I had a full day at work, plus an extra worker`s meeting, which meant I was getting home a whole hour later than I normally do. So you can be sure that I was running around like a chicken with no head trying to get everything ready in time, in the end I made it!!! (Thanks to my wonderful neighbour Laura who came over and helped peel potatoes and cut up some vegetables.) The dessert I had made the night before (3 different cakes - banoffee, pavola and cheesecake.) All rather delicious and very fattening!

I get nervous about cooking food for others. Sometimes it turns out and other times it doesn't. Well I had planned a 3 course meal for Friday evening and, I am glad to say, it all turned out!! In fact it tasted rather good.(even if I say so myself!)

We had a really great evening together with lots of laughter and chatter.


On Saturday Kristian´s mum came by with her friend Ellen. Ellen had not seen our new place. She was meant to come and visit us at New Year but got sick. So we had a lovely Saturday afternoon with them.

It was lovely having guests but I think the most wonderful thing about this weekend was that I got to sleep long!!!!! I slept 10 hours on Friday evening! I was so exhausted when I went to bed Friday night.  It was so great to go to bed and wake up on Saturday morning when my body said I should wake up and not my alarm clock! Boy, did I enjoy that!! 

I have totally caught up on all my lack of sleep this weekend and I am actually feeling rather good! 

Oh by the way the diet thing is going great! I have lost 4 kg so far! I am drinking loads of water too and feel so much better, athough by the end of my work day my legs are still sore, although not as sore as they used to be. They used to be sore all day long! So there is a big improvement there!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

My Mum has seen your blog and Facebook page (Grace and Beth are giving her guided tours!) her comments so far have been " Laura's a bit like ourselves, every event or picture has food at the centre! Well done you with the diet, keep up the good work.
p.s. your house is looking lovely x

Laura said...

haha that is so true. Every time we take pictures for the blog we are always eating!! hahaha