Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter.....

It has been a strange sort of Easter for us. We have all been feeling sick. 

It started with Andrew last weekend. He has had it really bad lying all week with fever, an awful cough and a bad cold.

Kristian got sick on Wednesday afternoon with a fever and went to bed when he got back from leaving Sara and Christian off at the airport. He stayed there all Thursday and thought he was feeling better on Friday. However on Friday evening he was feeling rotten again so it was off to bed. He spent the most of Saturday in bed and most of today too. He really does look awful. He is loaded with the cold.

Leah too is loaded with the cold. She started to feel rotten yesterday. Her head is sore, her nose stuffed and she coughs and sneezes constantly.
 I had a bit of a sore throat at the start of the week but it disappeared again. Then on Friday evening I started to feel rotten and discovered that I had a fever,  so off I went to bed with my onions! REALLY - onions in my socks and a half of an onion lying by my pillow. (Onions are meant to fight bacteria....they take the bacteria out of the air and your body.) 

It seemed to do the job for I was feeling fine again on Saturday morning. However Saturday evening going to bed I started to feel rotten again. I had fever once again and my throat was starting to get sore. So today we all stayed in bed till the early afternoon. Not how I like to spend Easter Sunday. I missed getting to church to celebrate that Jesus is risen.

Andrew now seems to be on the mend. Leah is still loaded.

 I keep peeing myself because of all the coughing that I am doing!! haha My fever seems to have gone but my throat is still sore and my head too. 

Kristian was up a bit this afternoon but had to go back to bed. He still looks awful and is not dealing with being sick very well! (He is a man after all!! haha)

There are a lot of germs in the Rasmussen household! I hope they all disappear soon!!

So yesterday it was my neighbour, Laura´s birthday. Late Friday evening I went over to her place (and I was feeling so rotten but was determined to do this!) and hung my huge "Happy Birthday" knickers in her kitchen window along with other Happy Birthday streamers, so when she got up on Saturday morning her kitchen window was full of wonderful birthday greetings.

When we woke on Saturday morning we went over to wish her a Happy Birthday and gave her a few wee presents we had bought.  We didnt stay long, Kristian was dying to get back to bed as he wasnt feeling the best. She and Mia would be over later in the evening for dinner.

She thought it was just leftovers that we were having but I had planned a 3 course meal.

 The table was all set for the birthday girl......

 We had prawn salad for starters....Bahmia for main course.....and chocolate cake for dessert.
 In between the main course and dessert there was a special song for Laura especially written by me. We had a laugh! Then came the birthday cake all complete with candles! It even tasted good! :-)

 The rest of the evening we spent just relaxing in front of the TV watching Naria film.  We had a great evening with her.

No comments: