Tuesday 19 March 2013

I blew it.....

 .....big time!!! 

It started on Friday with me eating nearly a whole 250gm bar of milk chocolate! Then it continued into Saturday. Kristian had gone into the go kart track to help with the junior teams. I stayed home to clean and organise things. We decided that we would meet for a date at 2pm and that date just happened to be at our local coffee shop, a new one that we hadn´t tried yet. We were not disappointed. The cakes were delicious! (and I was eating unhealthy again!!)



Saturday evening and Laura came over and we each cuddled up in our different chairs with our hot tea and blankets and enjoyed a Doris Day film. 

Sunday morning and it was off to church. I had Sunday School and had to tell the story of Esther, which is one of my favorite stories. The children listened well this time, even the most unruly boys! It was actually nice to come home from church without a headache! haha

Sunday afternoon, just as we were sitting enjoying a bowl of soup, our front door knocked.  It was Kristian´s sister Hanna and her husband Flemming, who just happened to be in the area and thought they would call by. It was great to see them! I loved the fact that they just popped by!  This doesn´t happen much in Denmark! 

They got a bowl of hot soup too and then we went a walk in the area. It was such a beautiful day, just really cold. It was home to coffee and cake before they left for home. It really was a lovely weekend even though I did blow my diet by constantly eating cake and chocolate!



Today I was back at the doctors regarding my legs. They were going to measure the blood pressure in them. I had to rest for 5-10 minutes before they started. Boy was that good!!! Then they measured the blood pressure in my right arm and my left arm. Then it was the blood pressure in my legs that they took, so they could see what the difference was. 

What a job they had finding a pulse in my foot. It took the nurse ages to find it, in fact in the end she had to get another nurse in to help. I was starting to think I was dead in my feet....they couldnt find a pulse in the right or left foot. Finally though they picked up a weak pulse. I was starting to feel like a pregnant woman again as they used the same piece of equipment that you would use to listen to a baby´s heart. Only it was pulse in my foot that you could hear hammering away. 

So what they discovered is that the blood pressure in my right leg is really down and in my left down too, but not as much as my left. This means I will probably have to go to the hospital so they can do a more accurate test. 

On Friday I go to the doctor again to hear what the results are from the blood tests. Let´s hope they discover something so that I can get some help. I am sick of having such sore legs! 

No comments: