Wednesday 5 June 2013

From this to that....

Ten years ago when Leah started school she looked like this......


On Friday it was her last day at school and she looked like this......


She had a great last day at school. 

I love the way the Danes celebrate that day. The kids that are leaving get all dressed up in a fun way. They meet up for breakfast and then take over the school!! They run around throwing caramel sweets at all the kids in their classes, making a lot of noise as they go. Then they put on a show for the  whole school and make fun with the teachers that they have had through the years. Then those that want, go to the football field for a water and shaving foam fight.

Later in the day Leah met up with her class again, at one of her friend`s home. There they had dinner together before going to a party for all the 9th graders, from all the schools in our town. She really did have a great day!


Then this weekend our flower bed went from looking like this....



to looking like this...


While I cleaned the inside of the house, Kristian worked on the outside. Then I went food shopping and when I came home it was a totally different flower bed! 

With me being gone he had the opportunity to get rid of one of the plants that I wanted to keep!!! Kristian, Andrew, Leah, Laura and Mia all agreed that it was an awful looking plant/tree and decided that while I was gone they would get rid of it!!! I loved that plant/tree, whatever it was, because it looked so sad and miserable! haha 

Kristian was ready to take the one in the corner, just under the bird tree, out too. I managed to safe its life, at least for another week!

Now the big question is - what do we do with the flower bed. My friend Rhona is helping me with this, she is at this time, figuring out what we should buy for the flower bed, but now Rhona you have to hear the latest!!! Kristian just wants to sow grass!!!! Maybe put down a few more tiles so that the path under the window is wider and then just make a little flower bed by the fence and grass on the rest. What do think Rhona?  What do you others that read this blog think??? (please feel free to leave a comment!)

Should we sow grass? Should we keep the big flower bed? Should we make a smaller flower bed? Should we just put down more tiles (what is the English word?? Is it tiles? In Danish it is fliser and we have loads of them piled up against the garage wall that we can just use.)

So we are thinking about different ideas these days and have absolutely no idea what we should do. I think we maybe should just keep the big flower bed, but yet not totally sure.  I am not really a garden person. I would rather just sit and read in it instead of work in it! 

(Having said that, if you Rhona, have drawn up a plan for the big flower bed I will gladly use it! Then the problem is solved...we keep the big flower bed! :-)


He also got the flower bed just outside our front door cleared up too and the drain pipe fixed. All in all a very productive weekend! 

Today Kristian, Leah and I have free, but poor Andrew has to go to college. It is Constitution Day and it has been so wonderful to be able to sleep long when I usually am up at 6am! 

It is also Father´s day today so Leah and I have a wee surprised planned for Kristian! (And my thoughts are with my dad who was a really wonderful dad!) 

The sun is shining and it looks like a beautiful day so good morning to you all. It is time to leave this warm cosy bed and start the day!

No comments: