Monday 24 June 2013

Home again....

...my man is back!! He arrived home this afternoon and it is soooo good to see him again and have him home.

  He had a great time at Le Mann, although it was emotional with the death of the Danish driver.  He knew Allan to say hello to, in fact he was talking to him on Thursday at the track. So it was a bit unreal for him when they announced that he had died. 

 He was Sara´s friend´s co-driver so Sara knew him too. She was very upset when she heard the news and rang me in tears. I had no idea what had happened. Our thoughts and prayers go to Allan´s family.

I can´t believe how quickly the week has gone by. I had a busy  week so that is probably why the time went by so quickly.

Friday evening we had our summer party at work. It was held at my bosses fantastic home. He lives in the most wonderful place with acres of land around him. He also makes fantastic food, and  was making the food for the evening. After work my colleagues and I went up to help him get everything ready before all the teachers and office staff arrived.

He made chilli corn carne over an open fire....

We set the tables for the evening....


There was so much fantastic food....


After we ate, there were loads of activities to take part in, if you wished. There was shooting, which I totally loved! There was throwing the axe, there was darts, there was a viking game you could play and for the men there was an opportunity to race around the grounds on an ATV.


The shooting was my favourite - I actually hit the mark!



It was a beautiful evening and I  had a great time and got home a little bit late! 

On Saturday I started an art project, something I´ve never tried before.  It is fun, but this project takes a bit of time and I am not sure it will actually turn out in the end. But more about that in another post.

No comments: