Thursday 13 June 2013

Almost weekend!

Where has this week gone!?! Already tomorrow, it is Friday. In 3 weeks time I will be stopping work for 4 ½ weeks. I can hardly wait! This year we are heading down to Austria for one of the weeks to a place called Rauris. We were there 3 years ago - Andrew and Leah loved it so they suggested that we go back again.  Since Kristian and I loved the place too, it wasn´t hard for them to talk us into it. We invited Kristian´s mum to come along with us and she said yes! (Sara is going to Italy with Christian and his family)  I am so looking forward to having my mother-in-law there with us! We will drive down and stay in a beautiful apartment overlooking the valley.

Billeder af Schonblick Mountain Resort & Spa, Rauris
Dette billede af Schonblick Mountain Resort & Spa stilles til rådighed af TripAdvisor Billeder af Schonblick Mountain Resort & Spa, Rauris
Dette billede af Schonblick Mountain Resort & Spa stilles til rådighed af TripAdvisor Billeder af Schonblick Mountain Resort & Spa, Rauris
Dette billede af Schonblick Mountain Resort & Spa stilles til rådighed af TripAdvisor

While we are gone Laura (our neighbour) has an American family coming to visit so they will stay in our house. 

Meanwhile the time is flying by and we are all getting older! This especially applies to my cousin Lorraine. It was her birthday yesterday 12th June. I wanted to do something fun for her so I made up a song for her last night and made a video of me performing it. However, this took forever and so while I was editing it, I kept falling asleep. In the end I had to give up, I was just too tired. I did however get the video finished this evening and uploaded to Facebook. You can also see the result below....




Then today I met up with my friend Rhona for our Strawberry Cake date! It was just such a fantastic afternoon! It went by far too fast. We talked none stop for almost 3 hours and I went home on a total high. I am more and more thankful for the wonderful people God has put in my life, and Rhona is one of those! 

The Strawberry cake was delicious as always! This time we were bad. Normally we just buy a small cake for one person....it´s like a slice of cake. But today they had a bargin - a large strawberry cake that would feed 4 people, going for nearly half the price. We couldn´t resist that so we bought a whole cake and sat and ate it. (It could have been worse....we could have bought a whole cake each!!!)




I left the house this morning at 6.30am and returned this evening at 6.30pm!

Then Sara rang this evening to tell me something. She started crying and said "I am ok, just wanted to tell you what happened today."

Sara works on the third floor in a shoe shop. Today she was busy with a customer but noticed two young fellas come up the stairs, she said hi to them and went to get the other customer the shoes she wanted. However out in the storage room she didn´t have the size she needed so she decided to go upstairs to another storage floor. It was then she thought something might be wrong...

She saw a coke bottle sitting on the stairs that hadn´t been there earlier, then she smelled men´s perfume. When she got to the top of the stairs and turned into the storage room she saw these two boys filling bags with shoes. She reacted and shouted at them and they took off towards the back stairs and entrances. Sara took off after them. One got down the stairs and out the door but the other one Sara got a hold of, however he stumbled and so did she and they both took a tumble down the stairs. Sara then realised that no one had heard her scream as she fell and now she was alone with this guy so she thought of her safety and backed off, he however was scared and ran from her, but not before she got the bag with the stolen shoes off him. He got away with nothing, however his friend got away with 2 or 3 pairs of shoes that probably cost 100 pounds each. 

She was ok, just a bit shaken when she finally realised what had happened. She hurt her hand when she took the tumble and her little finger is blue and swollen. If it is no better tomorrow she will go and get it checked at the hospital. Thank God that she is ok! 

There is never a dull moment!

No comments: