Wednesday 16 April 2008

An Unexpected Vistor

We had an unexpected visitor today.

Leah was saying goodbye to her friend who was visiting from school and when she opened the front door there sitting on our balcony was a beautiful, cute cat. It ran into the house and in under our bed. We coaxed it out and all took turns in having a cuddle with it.

The kids off course were wild about it.(must admit so was I) It was really friendly. The kids were trying to convince us that God had sent it to us - and I quote: "out of all the apartments it was just sitting outside our front door, on our balcony, God wants us to have it" - (yeah right, we weren´t buying that!!)

But the poor wee thing was hungry. I know you should never feed a cat or you will never get rid of it, but we (the kids and me) managed to convince Kristian that this was one of Gods creatures that needed a little bit of looking after. So he caved in, (what a weak man!!) and let us serve milk and salmon. We had a happy cat.


With no more salmon to give it, Leah carried it down the steps from our balcony and put it on the pavement, then we all gathered around the kitchen window to see what it would do. The cat sat beside our bikes and looked up at us 4 (me and the 3 kids) looking down at it. It´s little head went from side to side...it just looked so lost.....yeah, I nearly caved in myself, was ready to go down and bring it into the house....then 2 boys on skateboards came along and the noise of them made it run away. Thats when I came to my senses. Ah, well it was fun having a wee animal in the house while it lasted. Roll on the day we get our farm.










No comments: