Friday 4 April 2008


Meet my crazy colleagues!! They really are crazy, fun people. When we are together we have such a great, hilarious time.
It´s been said that laughter is a good medicine and last night I got a dose of laughter that should last me to the end of the month!! Yes, I was out with my colleagues.
At work, lunchtimes and breaktimes always go by so fast. We never have enough time to talk and laugh, so last night we went out to do both!We started the evening going to an art gallery. Ok - I know this doesn´t sound like a place were you can have a lot of fun, but when you are with this group of people it really doesnt matter where you are, believe me - we had a blast!!
The boys enjoyed the paintings of the half naked women - typical!! There were so many different types of art work and I was actually really into it!! This was my first visit to an art gallery and I dont think it will be my last. I just have to get hubby hooked to the idea. He is not at all interested in going to an art gallery. Honestly he has no culture!
Dorthe, one of my colleagues, had her paintings hanging in the gallery this weekend, so we were going to see her work. (Great work Dorthe, loved the red painting!!)
When we´d had our fill of art we headed home to Dorthe. We ordered some Thai food - delicious!! The rest of the night was spent talking and laughing and laughing and laughing.Thanks guys (if you ever read this!!) for a great night out.
Anne, an ex-colleague was also there. She left work to become a full time foster parent. So good to see her again, she is the danish version of me and I am the irish version of her. We are so alike it´s unbelieveable.
Anne drove me home when the night was finished. We laughed so much in the car that we were literally crying. I will never know how Anne managed to see the road to drive. It´s a miracle we got home in one piece. Thanks Anne for the ride.
Maybe I should tell you what I do. I am a Hygiene Assistant in a Christian private school. (For those of you who dont know what that is, it´s the posh name for a cleaning woman!) I work full-time and it is a pleasure to go to work everyday. I love it. Great colleages and a great work place. The big bonus is that I also get all the school holidays - with pay!!
Before this I worked as a health carer for the elderly in our town. I also loved this, but had to work many bank holidays and weekend and was often away from the family when they had free. So when the job came along in the Christian school I jumped at the chance. (I had heard it was a good place to work!) I love to clean so having a cleaning job was just a plus. So after a visit to the school, which had a fantastic atmosphere, I really hoped I would get the job. I did!! I have been there for 2 years and am not thinking of leaving in the distant future!! Love it, love it, love it!

No comments: