Thursday 10 April 2008

Wonderful, Wonderful, Copenhagen

Today Kristian and I went to Copenhagen. I left work early, collected Kristian and we headed into the Big Smoke!! Funny how I have changed since coming to Denmark. Eighteen years ago I just LOVED going into Copenhagen. I used to roll down the car window, breath in the air and literally enjoy all the toxic. I wished that we could live in there. How crazy was I back then???!!!! Now I wouldnt live in there even if you paid me.

Dont get me wrong - Copenhagen is a lovely city!! Clean, great buildings,cafes, nice shops - but I now prefer the peace and quiet of the country. Must be getting old.

Well our purpose for going to Copenhagen was two fold. I needed to get to the British Embassy to renew my passport and Kristian had an interview. So Kristian dropped me off in the middle of Copenhagen with a map and I walked around trying to find the British Embassy. I walked and walked, and walked and it was not because I was lost. The Embassy was easy to find, just FAR away from where Kristian left me off!! Came home and checked the route that I walked and found out that I had walked 5½ km!!! Thanks Kristian I love you too!!

Got my passport sorted. But I tell you it would be easier to get into Fort Knox than get into the British Embassy. The amount of gates and doors you have to go through is amazing. You are searched and you´re not allowed your hand bag with you inside the building. (Felt a bit like shopping in Belfast in the old days when you got searched before going through to Royal Avenue. - remember those days?)Well when I was finished I decided that I wasn´t walking all the way back to meet Kristian. So I found the nearest train station and jumped on a train into the centre of Copenhagen where Kristian was having his interview. He rang when the interview was over and we met up and had a late lunch and I heard about his interview.

He thinks it went well, but it´s hard to tell, he doesnt know if he has got the job yet. There were 100 people that applied for the job so for him to even get an interview was good. The job description is exactly what he wants to do and is something he is experienced in from his last job. The company have their offices right in the middle of Copenhagen, very close to our City Hall. So after lunch we went a walk (YET ANOTHER WALK!!) around the area so I could see the offices. I liked it very much - a really old, cosy building.Headed home after a long but really enjoyable afternoon.

After dinner I headed over to my friend Jette´s house. We were going out running. We ran for 1 minute, walked for 2 minutes and we repeated this 8 times. It was hard but it felt soooooo good. A big plus was the sunset. BEAUTIFUL!! We ran around the castle gardens in Fredensborg...this is the Queens summerhouse grounds and you can freely walk around the grounds and go down by the lake. It is beautiful. The sun was so big and round and a fantastic orange/red colour. Would love to have stopped and sat on a bench for ½ hour and enjoyed the view, but Jette was having none of that!!! We were out to run!! Thanks Jette for a great night. Always have so much fun with you!Now I am sooooo tired I am heading off to bed, don´t think it will be too long before I am fast asleep. Really hope Kristian gets this job. Pray for him. I know that if it´s the best thing for him God will open the door, just need to be patient. Goodnight all.

No comments: