Friday 18 July 2008

First Impressions

First impressions last....isn`t that what they say!? Well today we met some relatives for the first time. They made great first impressions on us all. In fact they just won our hearts.

My cousin Lorraine has 3 children whom we have never met. Lorraine and I grew up together so we have A LOT of memories together. Since it has been a good few years since we last were home, we never got to see Lorraines kids. Well today we made up for that. We called by her house on our way to Bangor and met, Molly, Simon and Olivia. I fell in love with them immediately! We spent a little over an hour with them, before we had to move on. They are great kids, full of life, (especially Simon!:-) full of fun and really loving.

I thought I had settled in Denmark, well, I have settled in Denmark, I am settled in Denmark!!But the more I stay here in my wee country and the more I get in contact with old friends and family, the more I realise what I am missing.I could actually see myself today, living close to Lorraine, having close contact with my family and my friends. I could see us dropping by each others houses. (Sigh - It might be hard to settle back again after this trip!)
After the short visit to Lorraine we travelled down to Bangor to Gillians (my sister-in-laws). We were hoping to head out to Scarbo tower in Newtownards - unfortunately it started to rain, so we headed into Newtownards shopping centre instead. (Now I know why us irish shop soooo much. It`s the weathers fault!)
After a few hours out shopping we headed home for dinner with Gillian, Lauren and Lewis. (Oh I got myself a lovely blouse in Primark for £3 - now thats what I call a bargin!)
There is one thing I love about Ireland, and that is that no-one rings or makes arrangements to pop by, they just come by. The last time we were at Gillians her aunt just popped by. Tonight after dinner the doorbell rang again, this time it was her sister-in-law who just popped by. We got to meet her and spent the last part of the evening having a nice wee natter! Thanks Gillian, Lauren and Lewis for another lovely day together.

No comments: