Saturday 12 July 2008

Saturday 12th July

Today I needed a break!! I was not in the mood to see another shop or another Primark!!! (much to the dismay of my son!!) But since it is the 12th the bands are out over here, and the shops are closed.


I decided to take a walk up the road to see what the 12th was like these days. It has been many, many years since I have watched the bands and orange men. As a child I loved the 12th day. We always got new clothes for the day. We were always up early so we could get a good place on the Lisburn Road. We had our flags, our cheese and onion crisps and our tins of coke. And I remember I was always ready to run over to anyone we knew who was marching, with a tin of coke, to help them on their way. Happy days!!


So with these good memories I ventured out to walk up to the Lisburn Road to watch the bands. Nobody in the family wanted to come with me. So I went alone. I must admit things had changed. Oh the bands played the same music, the men and women marched but the thing that had changed was this, - I didnt know anyone anymore! I stayed for about 45 minutes before I headed home again.


We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. Krisitan went back to bed for a few hours, as I had kept him awake during the night with my coughing. (got a bit of a sore throat and cough since arriving.) The rest of us played games, watched dvd`s or chatted with friends over the internet.




Sara also got a chance to watch her friends race go-kart over a live internet site, so she was happy.

No comments: