Thursday 10 July 2008

Home sweet home

Yes! - I am home again and it feels sooooo good. We had a great flight over. Everything went so smoothly, from taking the train from our home town to the airport, the flight from Copenhagen to Dublin and the bus from Dublin to Belfast.

One of the first sights to greet us was this huge bonfire. A few weeks ago in Denmark we had bon-fire night but the fires there we so tiny compared to this. We certainly know how to do it big over here!!!

After a good night sleeps we were up and away to town to do what I do best - shop!! However my two big kids have a bit more danish genes than irish!! They are hopeless shoppers!! After only an hour and a half Sara, Andrew and Kristian wanted to head home. I was only getting started!!! We decided to grab a bit to eat and see how they felt after some refreshments.


With granddad being a very plain eater it was McDonalds for him, Leah and me kept him company. Kristian, Sara and Andrew went next door to the pizza hut. (They had a horrible meal there which Andrew is paying for tonight - he is spending more time on the toilet than he usually does!)

After a bit to eat my family were still feeling shattered (I thought they were meant to be vikings!! weaklings more like it!!) Kristian, Sara, Andrew and granddad decided to head home. Leah decided to keep me company (thank goodness one of them has backbone!!) We headed off to primark and spent the next 3 1/2 hours getting bargins. I just cant believe that shop! Leah got a whole new wardrobe for £35!!! I mean she got LOADS of stuff. Most of it cost £1 or £2!! I had a very, very happy girl.

I arrived home from shopping just in time to take a quick shower and change clothes as I was heading out to meet up with some of my "old" friends from way back!! We haven`t seen each other in years but recently got in touch with each other. We meet at Sperenaz`s and had a brilliant night together. (The food was soooo good - highly recommend a night out there) We talked and laughed and went a looong walk down memory lane. Thanks you guys for a great night.

For those of you who didn`t make it tonight, you missed out on some fun, but dont despair you still have one more chance to meet up. We are arranging a night together (for those that can) on Monday 21st July at 7.00pm at Seapark - Holywood.

The idea is that you come along and bring your husbands/wives/kids. We can spend a few hours having fun together, maybe play rounders, have a go on the swings. Just whatever takes our fancy. (Colin has volounteered to babysit ALL our kids - haha).

If the weather turns bad we can meet at seapark and then head into Bangor for some ice-cream somewhere. Hope more of you can come along that evening.

No comments: