Wednesday 6 May 2009

Be Inspired

It doesnt seem like one year ago that I turned 39!! (Please dont remind me that its soon the BIG 40!! some things in life you just want to forget! haha)

Anyway tonight I was just thinking back over the past year....(been having a bit of a middle life crisis!!haha)I was thinking about some of the things that God has been teaching me. One thing in particular about joy.

God has been teaching me about how I need to find my joy in Him and not in my circumstances. (I especially learned about this while Kristian was umemployed!) We all know that our circumstances can be good one day and bad the next. Our emotions can go up and down depending on what our circumstances are. But it doesnt have to be like that. God has been teaching me that in the middle of struggles and trials that I can have joy. I can find my joy in Him. No matter what happens in life I can have real peace and real joy. I can find the strength I need to go and face each day with Him :-)

The other night I was on youtube and I found this video clip (see below.) I got so inspired by this guy. What a testimony he has! I wanted to share it with you all. He really has found the joy of the Lord and is practising what God is teaching me about. I hope you enjoy it. (It is a bit long....but worth sticking it out!)

5 comments:

Rhoda said...

Laura, hope you have a pain free 40th! I haven't listened to the thing yet - but I will, I only came on here to wish a happy birthday - enjoy it whatever you end up doing.

Welcome to the club my dear - I just want to warn you - time will now go even faster than this last year did!!!!! (You're welcome - just call me Eliphaz any time!)
Oh and another piece of advice from someone who is traveling the road ahead of you . . . buy a good eye cream:-)

Laura said...

Thanks Rhoda - I will go shopping today and get myself the best eye cream around!! haha

Lorraine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just nipped on to wish you many happy returns before I start work. I'll listen to the interview later.

Have a great day and eat lots of buns and cakes!!!!!!

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Laura
Happy Birthday to You!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll skip giving you the bumps! Many happy returns and many more to come!

lisa said...

Glad you had a great day, hope you have many many more xxxx