Sunday 17 May 2009

Cant beat them - join them

This afternoon we decided to go a drive down to the south of Denmark. There was a go-kart race and even though Sara wasnt racing, she was down watching. Kristian was also dying to go and watch the action and somehow he talked me and Leah into going with him.


The drive down was beautiful, even though it turned very gray and began to rain.


We arrived at the track about 3pm - the weather was awful. It was cold, windy and rainy. Sara was happy to see us all.



After watching about 5 minutes of a race I had had enough. The noise of the carts, the smell of petrol and the cold weather made me wish I had stayed at home. It is really so boring watching carts drive around the same track for like 15 minutes at a time.


Leah and I decided to take a walk down to the water. We didnt stay long there - it was freezing!! We headed back to the car and spent the rest of the afternoon in there, at least it was dry and warm.



We amused ourselves for about 2½ hours in the car!!! We played Pictionary, each taking turns to draw.


We took all sorts of silly pictures of ourselves.

We had such a silly afternoon. Before long 2 ½hours had gone by. The race was finally over and Kristian & Sara arrived back at the car - we were ready to head home.


The big treat was on the way home - we got to stop at burger king!!


I honestly dont understand my husband and daughter! I just dont see the fun in this go-cart world. My friend Rhoda wrote to me once that if I couldnt beat them at this go-cart thing, then maybe I should join them. Well I joined them today and it will be a very, very, very long time before I join them again!!! haha I think I will just stay beaten!


5 comments:

Rhoda said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! That video was soooooooooooo funny, I'm glad you all went to the go-cart, and I'm glad you got so bored, otherwise you wouldn't have given me such a laugh tonight!

Looks like you have succeeded in putting Leah off carts, wise move Laura! Kind of like the time Kristian let your 'house dream' burst by itself:-) Very clever, take her to a race in the freezing cold, and let the boredom do its own work. I'm sure she'll want to stay with the horses now, much nicer smell!
Must admit to also feeling a little pleasure that you are having rubbish weather too - so it's not just us!

Charlene said...

Poor you! Pity you weren't close to Balmoral you could have went to the show - Leah would have adored all the horses and ponies!

lisa said...

I agree with Rhoda, looks like your fears of Leah taking up karting are diminished! So be glad it was an awful day, it worked in your favour!

lisa said...

I only just watched the video - you eejits!!!!!! Very funny!!

Rhoda said...

Hey Laura,

Is this weekend your birthday treat away? If so hope you have a lovely time:-)