Thursday 28 May 2009

Oh the joy...

the joy of having my computer again!! Yes its fixed and I am on top of the world!! (On top of that, Kristian was able to recover all the things from my old hard drive that I thought I had lost!!) Yes life sure is good once again!! haha


Its been another busy week. Kristian has had long days at work with courses and team days, so we havent seen too much of each other. But thats ok, I have been kept busy with the kids.

On Tuesday Leah was interviewed for a survey about Danish Children/Young Peoples views on different things. She was asked questions about all sorts of things - from family life, to free time interests and even about health issues. They will then come back in 4 years time and interview her again and see if any of her views have changed.

Leah also spent a bit of time this week drawing. She got a book that teaches you step by step how to draw different things. I think she did well at her first two attempts.



Tomorrow is Andrews last day at school. He is in 9th grade and tomorrow they end their time at school by dresssing up, eating breakfast together, before going to the school and throwing sweets all around for the younger kids to catch and eat. Then its time for some entertainment. They do competitions, funny sketches, and dances for the whole school and have some fun with the teachers. Finally they have a water fight and shaving foam fight on the football pitch.

Andrew is really looking forward to this - especially since it is ending his time at school, well ending his time at the school he has gone to for the last 10 years.


This afternoon was spent getting his wardrobe ready for tomorrow.



Then it was off to my friend Jettes. Her husband was out this evening and so while she got the youngest baby ready for bed I took her oldest - Jonathan out to play. We had a great time out on the slide and going walks. He really is a great kid.



The funny thing is the name Jette is teaching Jonathan to call me - its granny. (When Jette was a young teenager she was always hanging out at our house....we became like a second family to her and so when she was younger we called her our eldest daughter. She always said her kids would call me and Krisitan granny and grandad, the actual English word for Granny and Granny not the Danish word - and she has kept her word!) Jonathan is learning to call us Granny and Grandad.

As I was walking along with Jonathan tonight I was saying in Danish - "Do you want to go and see GRANNY´s car" - but I said GRANNY in english. Or "Do you want to hold Grannys hand" or " Thats Grannys shoe" Suddenly I was standing chuckling to myself as I thought "Here I am 40 and a GRANNY!" I could feel the midlife crisis setting in again!! hahaha

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

So it's not only Kristian who enjoys his wee 'racing track cupboard'.
Sara was not going to be distracted by her wee brother in a skirt - and he certainly does have good legs for it:-)

Well Granny, maybe we'll all join in and start calling you that too:-)!

Great pictures Leah - I couldn't do that that if you paid me. Keep at it.

lisa said...

Hello Granny Laura - wow you sure look good for a granny!!! You do realise youve started something now!!!

I see Leah has gotten your talent for art, the pictures are really good, keep it up Leah, its great to have something your really interested in!

Laura said...

Well done Rhoda for noticing Sara sitting racing in the background.

This is something she just started last week...honestly! and she loves it. She is chatting to guys from Belgium and Danmark and a girl from Norway and they all race on line. Some of them she alrady knows from go-kart. S

he was always shouting at Andrew not to play so much computer and to go out with his friends. He would try and explain that he was with his friends talking on line. Now in the last few days Sara has gotten bitten by the bug and just loves racing on line. Lucky for her Kristian has first been home late in the evening, so she has had peace and quiet. Now she is talking about taking her desk out of her room and making a racing frame like her dads so she can also sit and race!!!! (Where did I get her??!!!)

I cant believe I am sitting here writing this at 5.30am!! I went to bed at mid night. Andrew had to meet up with his class at 5.30am!! I woke at 4.50am and couldnt hear any noise around the house, so realised Andrew must have slept in...and I was right!! So it was all go in the wee home....he made though so now he has gone looking like I dont know what and I have a few minutes on my hand before going to get ready....

This is going to be a killer of a day with only 5 hours sleep!! Lisa with so little sleep I will reall look like a granny!! haha

Stuart and Pauline said...

Leah, they really are fantastic drawings. When I was 12 I was told by my art teacher to go and wash the brushes I was so rubbish. So that's what I did for three years at secondary school. Either that or sit in awe of those who could draw. Keep up the drawing, you're brilliant.