Saturday 16 May 2009

Change of plans

So today was supposed to be a cosy Saturday. Kristian, Leah and I had planned to spend the day together. We would go to town and then go and visit some of our friends before heading home to watch some films.

Well as I said, that was the plan.

If you remember last week Kristian was on a further education course with his work. Well even though the course, for that week is over, they still have assignments to do. They have different deadlines for the different assignments.

Kristian thought that the next assignment was due on Wednesday, so he had Monday and Tuesday to work on it all. Well he was wrong! This morning he discovered that the deadline was this evening at 6pm!!!! So that was our plan for a cosy day together, out the window - he would have to stay at home and work. (His poor colleagues were also taken by surprised when he sms´ed them with the news. They had also gotten the date wrong!!)

I really did feel sorry for him as he sat at the kitchen table and worked on these absolutely terrible questions that I would never be able to answer in a million years!!

While Kristian stayed at home, Leah and I headed to town. We had a lovely afternoon walking around shopping. The only thing we bought was a gift for a very special person. Our friends, Jette and Philip, have had an addition to the family - a wee baby girl, so the gift was for her. It took us ages to decide what to buy as there were soooo many beautiful dresses and tops for little girls - and they were all sooooo tiny!!

After shopping it was then home to visit them and meet the new arrival!! We couldnt wait to see her!! She is absolutely beautiful - CONGRATULATIONS!!!


On the way home we decided to buy chinese for dinner. We phoned home and got Andrew and Kristian to get everything ready in the living room. We decided we would watch a film and eat our chinese at the same time, and thats exactly what we did. It was sooo cosy!! The wind was blowing, it was raining (a real winters day) and we sat and enjoyed our chinese while watching Happy Feet. What a funny film with brilliant music!!

Then later on this evening I watched a film called "Nights in Rodanthe". A film I had never heard of, but it was down as a romantic film and you know me, I love a good romance! The reason I actually bought it was because of the old, unusual, but rather beautiful house on the beach. I love films that have a house set on the beach, they usually turn out good. Oh and there was also the small detail that Richard Gere was the leading man!! -(if the film wasnt good at least there was something good to look at! haha) I actually liked it - not one I would see over and over again but I sure did cry my eyes out, so it was a winner in my book!! (Lisa I think this is one for you!!)


Leah waiting on the chinese
All in all it has been a really wonderful Saturday even though it didnt turn out the way we had planned. Kristian got his assignment finished so he too could enjoy a cosy Saturday evening here at home.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Glad your day worked out even though it wasn't planned! The baby girl is beautiful, what is her name?

I'm sure Kristain really enjoyed your cosy evening after all that hard work! Chinese sounds lovely - I made chicken tikka for dinner, it was fine but not as good as a chinese take away!

Rhoda said...

"The best laid plans of mice and men . . ."eh! How did Kristian discover that he had to have it in on Sat? Good he discovered before the deadline and not after it!

Have you two gone to see State of Play yet?

lisa said...

Just as well Kristian checked the date, could have been a disaster!!! Thats a gorgeous baby, how old is she?, she looks older than a newborn.

Ok, I must check that film out - I'll get some hankies ready though!!