Sunday 31 May 2009

Amazing...

Its been a wonderful weekend. For the first time in a looooooooooooong time we have ALL been home for a weekend. Usually Sara is away at go-kart, and if she is home she usually has 2 or 3 friends staying over. On the weekends that she is home Andrew sometimes is gone. But for this weekend Sara had nothing on and Andrew had nothing on. It was just great to be only us 5, all together!



Now it wasnt like we were "together" the whole time. We were all just under the one roof, everyone doing his or her own thing. Everyone chatting back and forward. It was wondeful!




Saturday evening we had a cosy time. We ate our dinner in the living room, - something we never do when we are all home! While we ate we watched a funny film "Ghost Town" - really enjoyed it.





Today after church Andrew was going to a birthday party for one of the girls from church, so Sara, Leah, Kristian and I were trying to decide what we should do for the afternoon. The girls decided they just wanted to stay at home and sunbathe out on the balcony - the weather here is fantastic!!




Kristian had heard about a car show in a town nearby, so we decided to take a trip up north to check it out. On the way Kristians sister Hanne phoned to see if we wanted to meet up with them, they were on their way up north, and wondered if we wanted to join them for a walk. We told them about the show and decided to meet up.





There was only 1 hour left of the show when we arrived, but we decided to go in anyway. They had all sorts of American cars and trucks, old tractors, old cars, army vechiles....you name it and they had it.






The boys thought they had died and gone to heaven!! Us girls on the other hand found it all VERY boring!!



Amazing how long an hour can feel when you are bored!! haha The men didnt seem to notice - they talked none stop about - guess what? - CARS!!




Finally they announced that the show was closing so off we went to Heather Hill for an ice cream.....



and a walk up the hills to burn off all the ice cream we ate!



We invited Hanne and Flemming home to dinner. Their daughter Christine was at our house already. They had dropped her off to sunbathe with Leah and Sara. We picked Andrew up on the way home. We all had a lovely dinner together. Amazingly there was enough food for all!!(I hadnt planned on having guests for dinner but somehow the dinner stretched to meet the need!!) It really is nice to be spontanous and have people over for dinner without planning it.


Now its late and I should be getting to bed. However its Pentecost weekend - that means holiday over here!! So we have tomorrow off work and school. Can life get much better?!!! So I think, even though I´m tired, I will stay up a little while longer!!

6 comments:

Etta said...

Sounds like you had the perfect day... great to see some warm weather at last!

D'you ever notice how there's always enough to feed everyone no matter how many arrive unexpectedly?! It's a blessing...

(liked the look of the opentop jeep - I'm on the hunt for one - my car's getting filthy carrying stuff to the field)

Rhoda said...

Amazing the change in the weather one weekend to the next! One weekend you wear a jumper and the next summer trousers & light cotton shirt, glad it's not just the UK that happens in!
You never go far without your can of coke Laura eh?:-)

I would have loved the all the old vehicles - but hey why don't you take your sketch pad with you, and draw the next time:-) What an amazing opportunity that would be eh?

Some years ago I was speaking at an SU group, and they had a lunch at it, I can still remember the girl offering everyone seconds of crusty bread. Everyone said "No thanks" She finally said "I always knew that's how the 5000 were fed, everyone said 'No thanks' and passed the basket on"!

Laura said...

Next time Rhoda you can go with Krisitan and enjoy the old cars!! Maybe I will take my sketch book alone the next time:-) No there wont be a next time!! I will stay at home and paint or get him to leave me of at Heather hill were I can sit and draw....I have learnt my lesson there. haha

Rhoda said...

It's back to jumpers here:-(

Unknown said...

Dear Laura, This is Bibi Nédellec, a friend of Signe's, writing to you from West Africa. I landed on your blog via Signe's that I also just found. It's been hard to find Signe again, but it was worth waiting. I am happy to hear you sound so happy. Please send my love to Kristian as well. I am well, still enjoying my work very much, travelling a lot across Africa. All for now. God bless! Bibi

Laura said...

Hi Bibi
What a surprise - lovely to hear from you again. Its been a long time. I remember you coming to Denmark and us going to see that awful film hahaha What did Signe get us in to. So what are you doing going across Africa??? If you are on facebook you will be able to contact Signe there - she is always on there!! We are all well as you can see and read. Kristian sends his love too. Do you have a blog??

Ok keep in touch bye for now!