Thursday 4 June 2009

It finally arrived....

The day I have been waiting on for the last 3 months finally arrived. Today was the day that I got my new dishwasher. After months of saving I finally had enough money to buy a dishwasher. I ordered it on Tuesday and today Kristian was able to collect it on the way home from work.



This was the sight that greeted me when I came home from work. I could hardly wait to get it hooked up and going. The amount of dishes I have washed in the last few months has been ridiculus!!! But no more washing up for me for the next 10-12 years!! (hopefully it will last that long!)




Kristian was getting a bit annoyed and frustrated as he tried to work out how to attach all the bits and pieces of pipes and hoses. It was different from our old machine....so he had to use his brains - NOT good on a late Thursday afternoon! haha


It finally all came together. The first set of dishes have now been washed. Appartently its easy to use and very quiet compared to our old machine. However I dont know about any of that - I havent been home to see how it works or hear how it sounds. Tonight was my Ikea night with my firiend Audry. We had a great evening catching up. I didnt buy anything, just dandered around with my friend and was quiet happy to help her spend her money.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi All. Well done Kristian. How did you manage to get that thing up all those steps? Sorry I wasn't their to help. The job would have been done in a quarter of the time . He!!! He!!!! Laura is so delighted, so you did a good job.Now sit back & relax, or go & have a race with some of your friends. Love you all Dad. (Laura's)

Laura said...

To right Dad - if you had done it, it would have been done in half the time!! haha you know Kristian too well!! and what do you mean he can sit back and relax or go race...thats all he ever does!! Its me who will now get to sit and relax instead of standing washing up every glass and plate that is in the cupboard!! haha

Its great having it again. Just this morning after breakfast we all put our dishes in the machine and in no time the kitchen was tidy.

Ok going to organise some shelves in the office and try and clean out some things and organise some files. I love doing that....talk to you later dad bye - Love Laura

Rhoda said...

Good choice Laura - a Bosch! That's what I've got and I love it, I'm sure you will too. You are so right you put the dishes into it and you've got a tidy kitchen!
You'll appreciate it all the more now that you've had a few months of washing every dish in the house.
Health to enjoy:-)

lisa said...

Very good - no more dishes! Well done saving up and health to enjoy!

Etta said...

You know they use SO much water.... and they're expensive to buy... and run... but heck, I reckon they're up there with penicillin and the wheel when it comes to "best inventions ever".

I'm happy for you girl.

Rhoda said...

Not the new ones Wils, ok yes they are expensive to buy, are more environmentally friendly than hand washing!

Once again tonight as I was putting mine on I said "I love my dishwasher" That's two years now, and I still feel the same way about it - I think this is one relationship that will last a long time!

Laura said...

I agree - the dishwasher and I will never fall out! haha
Tonight I said the same as I loaded up the dishwasher "Oh how I love my dishwasher" every girl should have one!!

Our last one was a bosch too - we were so happy with it and I got this one online at a great price - normal price about 530 pounds and we got it for 320 so that was a bargin!! (it also feels good to have paid cash for it and not get it on credit and be paying for it for years! It was worth those months of washing up by hand - makes me appreciate it more.)

Rhoda said...

Just signed into the chat - no one there. Ah well I couldn't talk tonight anyway, but just wanted to show off that I remembered!!!

That was a great bargain Laura - but then again that doesn't surprise me. Well done you for saving up for it too:-) It really does make it all the more special.

Laura said...

Well done Rhoda for remembering chat night - I forgot again!! Another senior moment - sorry!! I was not home, but I just logged on and no-one was there. We will have to make a chat night in the middle of the month:-)
Its been ages since I chatted - I am in need of a good chat!!!