Friday 26 June 2009

Last day at school

It was Leahs last day at school. For the kids at my school, it was their last day too.


I got a few hours off work this morning to be able to go to a breakfast in Leahs school. All the parents met at 8am and ate breakfast together. Its a nice tradition that we have had since the kids started school. The last couple of years it has been Kristian who went with her (since I start work at 7am) but this year he was on a course so I went along.


Then it was off to work. I was really looking forward to today. The last day at school is always a really different day. The kids are all happy and excited.

I arrived just in time to go along to the assembly hall and see the different classes preform. There was stump music from one of the classes - it was really good, they used chairs, books, plastic bags, drum sticks and broom sticks - it sounded really good. Some of the younger children sang and they were just sooo cute. Then it was time for all to sing the holiday song to end the year. The kids love it, they dance and sing and it is such a funny song with a great happy melody.


They was time for a quick break before the next big event......




I had a good time out on the pitch but I was soooo scared everytime the ball came my way - I wanted to run away from it!! haha (also everytime I stood near another teacher I wanted to have a conversation - I really had to bite my tongue - I dont think they would have appreciated my friendliness right at that time!haha)

The day was over, and when all the kids went home the staff were all treated to a wonderful lunch. It really was a great day.



Then this evening we went down to visit my mother-in-law. We are borrowing Kristians sisters car for our holidays (theirs has air condition - ours doesnt!). They have two cars and are already away on holiday in the other car. For one week, we will have 2 cars!! WONDERFUL!!

Then next Friday we will leave our car down at their house so his sister has something to drive around in when they come home. its only one week until we go to France - we can hardly wait!

P.S. I really didnt win any trophy for the best player - I really was hopeless!!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Oh Laura, Ive said it before and I'll say it again - you are mad!!! Well done with the football and it was great to see you were wearing your GB track bottoms!!! That made me smile with the memories ha ha!!

Laura said...

Yes I sure did live in those GB track bottoms when I was a teenager...I still love those things. Kristina hates them on me - me I love them!! They sure do bring back memories of good times at the GB!!! I am smiling too:-)