Friday 12 June 2009

Happy Birthday Lorraine


This wee young thing in the picture above turned 40 today! Happy Birthday Lorraine. I hope you and Brian had a good evening out to dinner.

Now what can I tell you about Lorraine. Well I got to know Lorraine when I was about 1 month old. (I am 1 month and 5 days older than her!) We grew up together and have shared many a funny moment.

I have many precious memories from our childhood and teenage years together - like the time she couldnt get her wee mini parked properly at the city hospital. She just could not get that mini parked straight in the parking box. So after she backed in and out at least 100 times, I came up with this great idea that we both should just get out and lift the back end of the mini into place - and thats what we did. We both got out, went to the backend of the car and tried to lift that mini into place. We, unfortunately didnt succeed. That car was pretty heavy for being a mini! (What we must have looked like struggling to lift the back of a mini!! )Do you remember that night?



Or there was the night we went to visit Darin. Anne (his mum) told us we could hide in his room so we could jump out on him when he came home from work. So when we heard Darins car pull into the drive, we scrambled up the stairs and into Darins room. Now it was pitch black. Lorraine took a jump and threw herself on the bed - there was only one slight problem, Darin had changed his room around and the bed was not were it was supposed to be. Lorraine landed with such a thud in the middle of the floor. When we turned on the lights there was Lorraine lying on the floor, not knowing what had hit her. Now I was sure I was going to wet myself that night, we laughed so much.



There was the night I rolled the bathroom sliding door over her big toe - Awhhhhh - Sorry about that!! Or the trips to Caipers for pizza....the trips to Londonderry in her mini....the Halloween parties at her house when we were kids....my 21st birthday were she drove me to Dublin for a McDonalds....the night we took a trip to a graveyard, (we had a thing about going to a graveyard late at night!) and the list could go on!!

Lorraine thanks for all the good memories. I am soooo glad to have had you in my life (and I know I am not the only one who feels this way.) We all have wonderful memories of you. Just know you are a very special person.

P.S. Is anyone available tomorrow evening -
Saturday 13th June for a chat? If you are availabe check in at 8pm english time and lets catch up with each other since only rhoda made it last Saturday!

6 comments:

Rhoda said...

Oh that was brilliant - how funny to read all those stories, I can just see you two getting up to all those antics:-)
Hope Lorraine had a great day.
Just warning all you guys who have either just turned or are just about to turn 40, try and find a pair of brakes somewhere, for this decade just seems to accelerate to a whizz!

Not sure if I'm aroung tonight, but I'll check in if I can.

lisa said...

Happy Birthday Lorraine - hope you get spoiled rotten all weekend!!

Charlene said...

Thanks Laura, I am suppose to finishing coursework but I'm not sure I can I'm laughing that much! What I am interested in is how you knew where Darin's bed was originally? Been in the room a lot??????????????

Happy birthday Lorraine - I'm such a thicko - I thought it was tomorrow! Hope you enjoyed your day.

Hopefully I'll log on later to chat.

Doesn't Alice look so like Pauline!

lisa said...

Yes Charlene, now you mentioned it I had another look - Alice is the spitting image of a young Pauline!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Really guys!!! Lisa not so much an old Pauline eh???!!!

We're out at a 40th birthday tonight. The first proper night we've had since Alice was born!!! We've got the childminder babysitting. So we'll see how it goes.

Lorraine what did you do for your 40th??

lisa said...

You know what I mean Pauline!!!