Saturday 6 June 2009

Horses and Senior moments

So today I had a senior moment. I totally forgot that it was the first Saturday in the month - our chat night! Sorry girls. However I would not have been able to make it. I was out this evening with Leah and my friend Jette.

Jette had got free tickets for a horse show so we decided to make a girls night out of it. For 7 years Jette has been going to this horse show but has NEVER been able to get seats. She always had to stand somewhere she couldnt see so well. We were determined that tonight would be different, and it was! We got our seats!

The horse show started at 7.30pm but we were there for 6.15pm with our picnic basket and all our goodies. We got fantastic seats, just not much room for us to eat the wonderful picnic I had packed of potatoe salad and meat balls and salad. We ended up just eating everything out of the one bowl...we all just dug in! haha

Jette was so over the moon to finally get seats!! Every 5 minutes she commented on it. In the end I just had to make a video. So if you want to meet my crazy, wonderful friend Jette click on the video link below!

Before long the horse show started. Even though we were sitting waiting for just over an hour, the time went quickly.

What a brilliant show it was. We really enjoyed ourselves. If you want to have a look for yourself, just click on the videos below....






By the time the show was finished we were frozen. It had been a clear lovely evening, but it was cold. So even with our heavy jumpers and blankets we felt the cold. We couldnt wait to get into the car and get warmed up.

The drive home was wonderful. A warm car and a beautiful red sky. We drove the scenic route home instead of the motorway. We passed by beautiful fields filled with poppies and the most beautiful fjord.

Off course Leah, Jette and I were dreaming and pretending that we were going home to our farm with its thatched roof. We would have our own horses, dogs and cats waiting on us there. We would also have made one part of the farm into a bed and breakfast and art gallery, gift shop and coffee house etc, etc. Ah well it is fun to dream!! haha (Good job our husbands weren´t there!! )

8 comments:

lisa said...

Oh I love horses, that was great and well done for getting the seats, you know what to do next year now - go early!

Only the first and third videos would work for me, has anyone else had the same problem or is it just me?

Rhoda said...

Me too Lisa.

The Horse show looked fantastic - it's brilliant what they can do with the horses.
Is Leah content to stay with the horses and leave the go-kart to her big sister?
I can well understand Jette's enthusiasm for getting a seat, for the first time in 7 years. No wonder she was so happy!

Charlene said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. What a fantastic evening out - unless you're Lorraine. ACHOOO.

I didn't forget about last night - I had such a bad headache I spent most of the afternoon in bed, and headed off again at 8.30pm. It's still there today though not just as bad. Here's hoping tomorrow is better!

Laura said...

Speak to your mountain charlene!! Command it to move in Jesus name!! (I hope you are feeling better)

Dont know why only the first and third video work...they all work on my computer and kristians - umh strange.

Yes for the moment Leah is more into horses than go-kart, but she changes her mind these days as often as she changes her knickers! So you never know - haha

lisa said...

The videos are working now, they are very good, the horses are fantastic. I was just thinking...........oh no says Ronnie! Wouldnt it be great to all meet up somewhere and go on a horseriding weekend??? I think Rhoda, Leah and myself would love it - what about the rest of you? I dont even know if such holidays exist, Im sure they do somewhere. Now thats my idea of heaven!

Rhoda said...

Great idea Lisa . . . . except I love horses yes, but have only ridden one in my whole life, and that was for 10 mins! I haven't a clue about them, and if the truth were known, I'm actually scared of riding them!!!!!!!!! David is determined to teach me, before I ever go back to Iran, as his families have horses again - so who knows I might well need to learn soon1

Laura said...

I am all for a wee holiday together, but I cant ride. I would rather we all just got together and went out to eat and try different restaurants! haha That I could handle - dont know if I could handle a horse!! haha
Although on Saturday evening when I saw all those riders galloping full speed ahead I was wanting to learn to ride, but I am like you Rhoda, I am a little scared:-)

lisa said...

Im scared for a few minutes every time I get on a horse, I think its natural, after all they are so big and you feel vulnerable at first perched on the top with nothing to hold onto but a strip of leather, but the thrill takes over and its fantastic! I cant get Ronnie on a horse at all, he says he'll stick to motorbikes where he's in control!