Tuesday 30 June 2009

Just another day

Just another day in the Rasmussen household and on a typical day like today, you will find my husband hidden away in his wee cupboard... The expression on his face is one of sheer love, his eyes shine with joy. What is it he gets up to in that wee cupbaord.?Well I got my camera out and decided to investigate - you can see the results below.....

Well the weather in Denmark has turned hot - really hot!! (I absolutely hate it so hot) Our living room this evening was 27 degrees....there was no breeze. Having the windows and doors open did not help.

It was also terrible having to work in this heat - I knew it would be warm so I was in work at 6am so I could leave earlier - its also cooler at 6am. (Tomorrow is to be just as warm so I am contemplating going in for 5am - but lets see, bed is always soooo good at that time of the morning!)

After work I hurried home and collected Leah and her cousin Annie - we headed off to the swimming pool. Normally it takes me ages to get into the pool. (The water over here is a few degrees lower than at home and normally I can feel the difference, its just a bit too cold for my liking.) Today however I was in in no time - it was WONDERFUL!! We spent an hour swimmng around and having fun. It really was the best way to cool off today.

Now all that is left for me to say is..."Roll on the autumn!"

6 comments:

lisa said...

I LOVE THE HEAT!!!!! Every spare minute Im outside, I cant get enough! Maybe I should move abroad instead of staying here!!

Laura said...

you should come to Denmark! at least in the next few days!!

lisa said...

Forgot to say good luck to Kristian for his big race on Friday!! Get plenty of sleep the night before, 4 hours is a long time to be racing and then you have to drive to France the next day!!

Charlene said...

I'm debating whether to let Philip see Kristian's wee cupboard - I think if he sees it he will want one! The only cupboard I have is the one all the junk is in! Now where would I put all that?????

Laura said...

hahaha dont show him Charlene!! You will NEVER get him out of the cupboard again:-) as for the junk - just throw it away!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

No don't do heat either, can not stand it too hot at all. We had a massive electrical storm here today, I had to turn off stuff at the sockets and the phone went off etc. You could actually hear it cracking right above us. Indeed roll on the Autumn.