Wednesday 12 August 2009

Crazy couple of days.....

...it sure has been a crazy couple of days.

On Monday Andrew wanted to go shopping. He had birthday money that he wanted to spend on new clothes for starting his new school. So when I was finished work I came home and got him and we had a good few hours out shopping. He got himself some really nice clothes and a pair of new shoes - at almost primark prices!! I had a happy (handsome)boy!



It was then time for a quick dinner, a tidy up of the house before going into the airport to collect two of Sara´s go-kart friends. One is from Italy and the other from Belgium, although the one from Belgium speaks fluent italian as his dad is from Italy.
They are really nice fellas. Their english is ok, but we have to speak very slowly or else they cant understand us. We have had some laughs with them and at times have had to use a bit of acting and sign language to get across what we wanted to say!

One funny story....Kristian has been away on a course with work. He first came home Tuesday afternoon, but the boys came on Monday evening so he had not met them yet. I arranged with the boys that when we were all sitting eating dinner thatI would pretend to speak Italian to them. They would re-act like they understood what I said and they would answer me.

So when we sat down to dinner on Tuesday evening I pretended to say something in Italian to the boys. I tried to make it sound as Italian as possible. I pointed at the food and talked away, and they nodded their heads and answered me, then I answered them back in my pretend Italian again, and they smiled and nodded their heads. They did a brilliant job making it look like we were really having a conversation in Italian.

Well the funny thing was Kristians face - he looked at me in total amazement. I turned to him and said, "Oh yeah, they have been teaching me Italian all afternoon" and thats when the penny dropped and he knew I was having him on. We all had a good laugh about that.

7 comments:

lisa said...

Ciao lei รจ molto intelligente Laura!!!! Parlare presto arrivederci xx

Rhoda said...

Laura you make me laugh so much - thank you! HaHaHaHa

That is hilarious. especially that Kristian actually even believed that you could speak Italian!

So has Sara fallen in love with either of them yet? (Have you any preference?!)


Andrew's new clothes looked very smart!

Charlene said...

Brilliant - Pure Laura!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Lisa, you did that on google translate didn't you?!!

Andrew looks very dashing in his new clothes, will wow the girls at his new school.

Indeed, more importantly which boy have you fallen in love with for Sara??!

Laura said...

Sara is a hard one to catch...as far as I know she hasnt fallen for any of them - her mother on the other hand would go for the one on the left of the picture if I was 16 again!! haha

Both boys are really nice - very charming in their own way, but the one on the left has such a cute smile - I think and he is a little better at english than the other one so it is easier to communicate...but they really both are lovely...

lisa said...

No Pauline of course I didnt get it on the internet, I speak fluent Italian you know - not!!!! Yes, I did it on a translator website, the only Italian I know is pizza and lasagna ha ha!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Busted Lisa!!!!!

Laura, see what you mean about the boy's smile, very handsome indeed.