Monday 3 August 2009

Memories.....

This weekend has been filled with memories!!

I got out all our old video tapes and found a way to play them unto the computer so I can burn them unto DVD´s. Our video tapes are old and well used and they wont last forever - bit like myself!!

So having discovered how to put them on the computer, (all by myself, who needs a man!!) I have been watching old clips of the kids. I´ve just been having a great time going down memory lane, and guess what? Now you get a chance to go down memory lane with me (but only if you want too!)

The clip below is a bit funny - its my good old mum and me. Mum hated boats, Kim (brother-in-law) wanted to show us a boat that he goes out sailing in. My mum went on first. She was so awkward and scared that we laughed so much. Then it was my turn - I thought I could handle a boat no problem!! Well, it was awful, you could feel the boat rock with every move - horrible feeling! Well why not have a look for yourself....



Then I found this cute clip of Andrew - oh how it did my heart good to see my wee tiny boy again! How can a wee thing like that grow to be taller than me - and in such a short time! Its just not to understand!!

7 comments:

Charlene said...

That was wonderful Laura, and the memories are always there but isn't it lovely to have the videos to give them a 3d dimension!

Personally I think your Mum handled the boat a lot better than you did - you should send that clip of you to "you've been framed" you could win yourself £250!

lisa said...

Brilliant!!! I nearly wet myself watching you on the boat, especially when you laughed so much at your mum!! I must admit you did better than me, I wouldnt even have tried to get on, Im a big scaredy cat!!!

The one of Andrew is fantastic too, great memories

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, they are fabulous memories to have.

Is Andrew embarrassed by the old videos and new DVDs of him? Or does he quite like watching them. There's nothing quite like hearing the laughter of a small child!!!!

Laura said...

Andrew doesnt mind them, he thinks its fun watching them. Sara thinks it more embrassing....so I must put some of her on line soon!! haha

Rhoda said...

Oh Laura, that was so funny. I actually thought you looked as if you were going to wet yourself standing on that boat - the phrase 'constipated chicken' came to mind. LOL (You also looked as if you had nothing on below the T-shirt . . .)
Your mum looked like an absolute pro compared to you! Talk about he who laughs last laughs longest!!!!!!!

Well done, too for getting them unto your computer - that's brilliant, just make sure you make your DVDs so that you really do have them always.

It was great to see and hear your mummy:-)

Charlene's right, you should send that in - I'm sure it would be worth money!

I thought it was so cute when Sara was saying at the end "Well done Mummy':-)

You could hardly share a seat on a seasaw with Andrew now!!! (Yes Pauline, a child's laughter is the best sound in the world)

john and julie mcbride said...

rebeeca and olivia can remember your mum what i laugh she was big time fun and patsy i always thought your mum was more understanding than mime

Lorraine said...

Wow Laura, loved the videos! I laughed so much at you on the boat!!!

Keep putting them on DVD and putting them on your blog - they're great.

Andrew is so so cute. Great memories!!!!!!!!