Wednesday 26 August 2009

A week ago since my last post......

....I have been a bit quiet for a while!! I cant believe its a week ago since my last post. Where has the week gone?

It has, once again, been all go - although I havent been doing anything that exciting that I could write about. You know the usual - work, washing, cleaning, shopping, and packed lunches again!

Oh, one exciting thing did happen - Andrew got himself a job. Its at my work doing a bit of cleaning. He works Tuesday and Friday afternoons for a few hours after he is finished school. It is great that he has got this. He really seems to enjoy it. (I have gone home by the time he arrives so he doesnt have to see his old mum about the place!) He also just loves his new school, he has great teachers and the change seems to have given him new confidence. Its just great to see!



I nearly went a bit mad at the weekend and bought myself a "new" car! haha (I was feeling a bit sorry for myself always having to bike and take trains while hubby ALWAYS has the car!)


On Saturday Kristian and I were out shopping and we walked past this car dealer. There we saw this wee Renault Twingo - it was going at a cheap price and the car dealer was doing a good deal for monthly payments. (We could see all this on the information hanging inside the car!) Unfortunately most car dealers over here are closed on a Saturday but open on a Sunday. So after church on Sunday we decided to go by and check it out (imagine doing that and after church too!)


When we got there the sales guy came out and I told him I was interested in the wee Twingo. (It was from 1994 - hence the cheap price!) to which he replied "Oh I have just sold it to this gentleman here" and pointed to the man across the way.

Ah well, it just wasnt meant to be!! He tried to sell us another car but it was out of our price range and I hadnt fallen in love with it the way I had with the twingo!! haha

So now I´ve given up the dream about the car (actually dont mind biking about that much) and I am dreaming about a house instead! haha


Isnt it just so cute! A bit like the place snow white stayed with the 7 dwarfs!! haha

The best thing is that it has a 44 sq metre out house that Kristian could use for his go-karts, me for painting, and we could make a guest room out there for anybody who wants to come and stay...but I better not get too carried away - I really dont think we can afford it, even though it is going cheap and it is only 5 km away from where we live now! But one can always dream!! that at least is free!!

6 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

A busy week indeed. That house looks gorgeous, I can imagine the roof takes some maintenance though. What a wonderful garden!!! Well done Andrew on getting the job and enjoying your new school. Shame about the car, but at least you don't have that outlay every month.

Good to hear from you, was wondering if everything was OK.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Also, thought you would like to know about an ABBA night the BBC are putting on. It's on Radio 2 and Laura I'm pretty sure you can listen live on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/thank-you-for-the-music/

It sounds really good, not sure why they're putting it on, but sounds like fun.

Rhoda said...

Ah well,you didn't get the car - biking will keep you fit!

Love the house! Would be a great dream.

Good for Andrew, get them out earning, that's the way:-)

lisa said...

Hi there, Im back in the land of the living! Good for Andrew getting a job and liking his new school too, well done!

The house is beautiful - puts mine to shame! You really should go for it, you would be so happy there Im sure. Its a shame about the car but it just wasnt meant for you, if it is it wont pass you by, like the house, if the Lord means you to have it you will, just put the house in His hands, listen to me blethering on - as if you dont know all that already!!

Rhoda said...

Aye Lisa listen to you! We remember your panic a few weeks ago:-) LOL

Rhoda said...

PS Lisa should have said, glad you are feeling a bit better!