Tuesday 29 June 2010

Catching up...

...with an "old" friend - that´s what I did yesterday.


After work I went to the hairdressers, then came home to pick up Leah and head out to visit my friend Laura and her daughter Mia. We were going on a picnic together.


Laura lives in out in the countryside. Just outside her door is a field that looks out over a lake. (You can´t really see the lake in the picture, but it´s there!) It´s a beautiful place and you always have the company of the sheep. (which Laura loves!!! - she spoils those sheep!)


Our evening was spent sitting on the hill, eating a delicious picnic and catching up with each others busy lives. Leah and Mia enjoyed seeing each other too. It was a really great evening and I ended up coming home far too late .



Today was hard!! I was tired, it was hot and a lot of cleaning needed done at the school. We are doing the big "end of year" clean. By 2.30pm I could do no more, it was time to leave the cleaning behind for another day.

After work I did shopping for the old woman I visit. I spent half an hour with her before heading home to make dinner. Dinner was something quick. It was too hot to cook, so a box of potatoe salad and meat balls, bought at the local supermarket and served with salad, made a wonderful cold dinner.

I had a planning meeting tonight at church so time between dinner and going out was short. I wanted to talk to my dad, so decided that tonight I would kill two birds with the one stone. I would eat dinner while sitting at the computer talking to dad. However sometimes things don´t go as planned!! Sitting talking to dad I suddenly knocked my plate of the desk and right down unto my white trousers!! Balsamic vinegar was everywhere, not to mention the dinner!!! Aaarrgggghhhhhhh!!! I didn´t have time for that to happen!


Kristian has also had a hard, busy day at work. He had to work a little late. At 6.40pm he came home, just as I was about to leave. I was brushing my teeth and had a mouth full of foam, when he asked me what time I would be home (he always does that - ask me things when I am brushing my teeth!)

Well, I couldn´t answer so I held up my left hand with all four fingers and thumb showing, and my right hand with only 4 fingers showing. (thumb was tucked away and not at all visable!) Kristian looked at my hands and said "oh, 11 o´clock!!!" (and he was serious!!)

I thought I was going to choke!! I couldn´t stop laughing! Then he realised what he had said!!! I left him sitting on the sofa counting his fingers, while muttering away to himself about what a hard day it had been!! hahaha (Think the heat has been getting to us all! 27 degrees today!! Just a little too hot!)

Now I am home again from the meeting.(A little later than 9pm, but that´s the way it goes!) I am soooo ready for bed and then for another busy day tomorrow!! Goodnight all, hope you sleep as well as I know I will!!

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

I see the lake:)

Enjoy your last working day for 4 1/2 weeks:)