Thursday 1 July 2010

A night with a difference...

Last night I, along with my colleagues, was invited to a night out at my boss´s house. It was a night with a difference. First, dinner was cooked over an open fire. (My boss is a real out door type and he loves to cook!) The food was delicious!


Then after dinner it was time for some fun. Since my boss is just a big kid at heart, (even though he is 54) out came his ATV . We all took turns to sit behind him while he drove like a mad man around his grounds. Those things go fast!! and my boss enjoyed driving wild and scaring the wits out of all us girls! It was hilarious!! Needless to say I didn´t scream!!! and if you believe that, you´d believe anything!! My boss was nearly deaf by the end of my turn!!

Then it was up on the trailer for a ride around his grounds. All of us sat huddled together while he drove us around. He has huge grounds (16 acres) full of Christmas trees. We were hoping to see some deer, but I think my screaming scared them away for the evening.

It was a really fun evening, with good food, great fellowship and lots of laughter. I am so blessed to work in the place that I do.

Even though I love my work and my colleagues, I love my holidays even more!! Tomorrow I stop work for 4½ weeks!!! We head off to Austria for a week and we can hardly wait. Sara is at home holding the fort. She is going on holiday later on. Her cousin is also coming to stay for a while, so there will be plenty of life about the place while we are gone!

I really shouldn´t be on this computer!! I have 101 things still to do, plus I have an early rise in the morning. Hopefully there is internet connection at the place we are staying so I can continue with my blog diary! If not, well, I will see you all in a week´s time!!

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

LOL Laura I was laughing so much as I read this, suddenly I was back about 20 years ago in Corfu, and I remembering this voice screaming in my ear "You're going too fast! you're going to slow! Ahhhhhh we're going to fall off . . . . . " etc etc.
So yes I have every sympathy for your boss's poor old ear.
Enjoy your week's holiday - I'm sure it will be great:) We're going for 10 days or 2 weeks up to Aberdeenshire, to a friend's cottage, it's so beautiful up there.
See you when you and we get back:)

Stuart and Pauline said...

Looks brilliant, you certainly do have a brilliant boss!!!! Enjoy your hols Laura, have a great time, look forward to the updates and pics when you get back!!!

lisa said...

Yes, hope you have a great time, as Im sure you will! And by the way, we could hear your screaming here haha!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

I was wondering what that noise was coming across the North Sea!! Thought it was some squealing seagulls!!!!