Saturday 24 July 2010

Lots and lots and lots....

...of driving done today. I felt like a taxi driver again!

First Sara´s friend was needing a lift home. Something had come up at home and she was needed, so I gave her a lift. She lives in one of the towns close to Ikea, so I know the road well. Must admit I was very tempted to just drive on to Ikea!



Then Leah was going off to music camp. After a bit of food shopping it was home to get her and deliver her at the camp. She was so excited to be going. Her friend from church was going too and she was sharing a room with her.

Sara was off with her cousin to a concert. Andrew was playing some sort of computer game with his friends on-line. Suddenly Kristian and I had an evening at home without a whole lot of kids and their friends running around. We decided to go on a date!

At first we couldn´t decide if the date should be in or out. Out won in the end.

We headed out to a lovely café/restaurant that we have in our town, and had the most delicious meal. Then we headed to another town not far from us and took a walk around the town and lake. It was a beautiful evening - not too warm, just the way I like it.

We ended the evening by going to the cinema. We had a gift card to use and for once there was something on that we both wanted to see. We went to see "Knight and Day".

I so enjoyed it! It was filled with action (which Kristian likes, and I actually enjoyed it too) and it was funny. Now, it wasn´t that we were rolling on the floor laughing, but you did laugh from time to time. However through out the movie I found myself just sitting with a smile on my face. Whenever I looked at Kristian he was the same, sitting with a smile! Sitting looking at Tom Cruise´s smile all evening was not a hard thing for me to do either!!! hahaha

One thing about this movie - I don´t believe there was one bad word in it, and there was no bed scenes. Amazing eh?!! Totally recommend it for a "park your brain and just have fun" night out.

To end the night our big daughter rang. The concert was over. (The train line up north is being fixed so the trains are not running, only buses and they are not as effective.) She was wondering if we would pick her up at her cousin`s. So Kristian and I headed into Copenhagen to get her. That was ok for us! It gave us a chance to listen to a CD I bought Kristian back from Ireland, "All about love" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It was soooo good, especially number 13!! It was played on repeat a few times! (If you want to hear it, see the video below!)



10 comments:

lisa said...

Glad you had a lovely night (or should that be knight) ha ha ha!! And I hope spending a date night with Kristian made you happy to be back in Denmark again!

Laura said...

It did make me happy - I have settled back again. (I think!)
It was such a good film, totally recommend it. You know what is going to happen in the film, but it somehow brings a smile to your face - well it did to mine.

I also didn´t mind not having to cook dinner last night!! That can always put me in a good mood!! haha

lisa said...

Just watched the video, what a beautiful song! It made me think of a bride and groom dancing on their wedding day, but then I watched it again and it made me think God was speaking the words to me, very reassuring!!

Laura said...

Well Lisa maybe this is just a wee love song to you from God. It says in Zephaniah 3, 17 " The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Beautiful verse!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Really glad you had such a great night out!!! Oh for those days again!!!!

Actually we've booked a babysitter for my birthday in Oct and we're going to a classical concert!! Can't wait!! Then for our wedding anniversary in Nov, Stuart's mum is coming up and we're going to have a night away in a beautiful country house hotel!!! That'll probably be it for this year!!!

Did you see Top Gear last night?

Laura said...

Oh that sounds lovely Pauline, getting away for a night.

When our kids were small we tired to have a date night every week, but we rarely went out.(due to lack of money haha!!) So we had it at home!! (Well you know me and my imagination!!! so there was literally picnics on the living room floor and bowling using empty coke bottles and a ball, the cinema trip was a rented film and home made pop corn!!and the list could go on hahahaha - poor kristian what he went through!hahaha)

We actually made sure that we had one night a week that was booked for us two as there were soooo many things that Kristian was involved in at that time, that Kristian could have been out every night at something, so we always booked a night for us (it could be a wednesday one week and a monday the next, depending on kristians calendar.)So if someone rang for him to go play his sax, or go to a meeting etc he could look at his calendar and say no, sorry am booked that night! (date night with me!!)

But it is good to get out and away from the house for the evening, it makes all the difference. Glad you´re getting out for your birthday....so roll on October/November eh?!!!

Laura said...

Oh yes I saw Top Gear! Did you see it? It was good. Tom Cruise set the quickest time yet. (I do sooo love his smile!)

In fact I watched sooooo much motor sport yesterday it was unbelievalbe....there was big drama at the Grand prix and so I was really getting into it too!!

lisa said...

Ah Tom Cruise! I was wondering why you asked if we had seen it. I didnt but I also cant imagine Tom Cruise on Top Gear! Was he not a bit weird?

Laura I can just imagine you bowling in the living room with coke bottles, that was probably your favourite night as you had a valid excuse to buy coke!!!

Rhoda said...

You'll be having more and more nights when there's just you & Kristian, and you might have to work even harder not just to drift - coz there's always tomorrow night!!!!

Love the picture of Leah - so cool:)

Haven't watched the video yet, but I will - Laura do you remember when you first heard of Steven Curtis Chapman?

Laura said...

I sure do Rhoda...Steven Curtis Chapman will always remind me of our brilliant holiday in Corfu!!

I think you´re right Rhoda. You always have to work at not drifting. It was maybe easier when the kids were smaller.I could put them to bed and then Kristian and I had time to talk or make a date.(like bowling with the coke bottles!! haha) Now that they are bigger they stay up to the same time as us, (or even later than us!) so there´s never that alone time. But no worries, I love arranging dates!! and anytime there are no kids at home we make the most of it! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more hahahaha)