Saturday 10 July 2010

1458km...14 hours later....

and we are home!!!

We had a wonderful holiday, but it is nice to be home again!! The journey home went soooo smoothly. No traffic jams, in fact, hardly any traffic on our side of the motorway at all - really strange!! The other side of the motorway was another story! It was one traffic jam after another, around the south of Germany. We were thankful that we were not heading in that direction.

So now it´s time to catch up with all the blogs that I have missed reading. I think facebook will also be getting a visit before I head off to bed.

The weather is fantastic. A little too fantastic for my liking! It was 37 degrees the whole way home today. We were soooo thankful to have a car with air condition. (Thanks Hanne og Flemming for doing a swap - we would have died in our car with the heat!)

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Glad you're all home safe and sound. The traffic sounds like a nightmare as does the weather. If you're anything like me your bed will feel like a cloud tonight! Sleep well.

lisa said...

I second that, glad your home safe and sound. Now you have to do the washing and get ready for Belfast!! Cant wait to see you. I was going to say cant wait to catch up but you are so good with your blog you keep us all up to date anyway!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Looks like you had a really brilliant holiday. They always go far too fast, I find!!!

So I was right in thinking you were going to Belfast in July. When are you going?