Thursday 15 July 2010

Home again....

Yes we are back!!! You can never get too much of a good thing and Belfast is a good thing for me!! I love coming home.

Leah and I arrived on Wednesday afternoon. My brother Jim and his friend Garvin were in Dublin, so they were able to collect us at the airport. It was wonderful not having to get the bus to Belfast. It was also great to have a couple of friendly faces to welcome us at arrivals. (Thanks Jim and Garvin!)

We stopped for lunch at a wee hotel. It was really delicious and gave me just what I needed for the ride home - a full stomach to fall asleep on.

Before long I was home again hugging dad and unpacking things in my old bedroom. (this time with Leah as my room mate!)

Today brought a new day with new challenges, the biggest challenge being - shopping with Leah! (Oh help!!!!!) What a day it was!!! That girl can literally "shop till you drop" and I admit, I dropped today.

We arrived in town at 11am and were leaving at 6pm!!! Leah could have stayed even longer - I was already dead at 1.30pm....I really am getting old. (It was rather depressing to discover that today. I remember the days when I could run all over Belfast from 9am to 6pm.)

Well I warned Leah before we went that we were NOT spending all the time in Primark. I have been to Belfast, I don't know how many time in the last 2 years, and have only ever seen Primark!
So we spent about an hour in Primark and then did the rest of the town!! We got to Castle Court, Royal Avenue, Corn Market...it was amazing. But Leah wanted to go back to Primark....I couldn't cope!!!
I acutally hate clothes shopping! I am soooo not into clothes at all. My type of shops are book shops, music shops, dvd shops, household items or restaurants. So Leah and I made a deal. I would go to the Faith Mission bookshop and she would go to Primark. I would find her in Primark when I was finished. So for about 50 minutes I had a wonderful time in a bookshop. (By the way the Faith Mission is so lovely now! It used to be a real dump, books everywhere, even piled on the floor - not anymore. It was a pleasure to be there.)


I found Leah again in Primark and we went on to spend another hour in there while Leah tried on clothes and made up her mind what she would buy. (She didn't have enough money for everything so things had to be put back!!)
What I would like to know is how I got two daughters who are sooo into fashion and make up?????!!! Maybe it's seeing how badly I dress and how uninterested I am in fashion and makeup that has pushed them in the other direction!
Anyway I really had sore legs and feet by the time we got home.

Oh yeah, in the middle of that shopping there was time for a Subway!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Oh boy that was a shopping marathon!! My back would have been breaking! The good thing about going shopping with boys, they can do a one-stop shop.

Stuart and Pauline said...

I guess time will tell what kind of girl Alice will be and whether I need to grit teeth whilst shopping for hours on end in Newcastle!!!

Really glad you are enjoying being at home!!!! Hope the weather is good and you can get out and about loads!!! Is just you and Leah?