Tuesday 6 July 2010

Northern Ireland weather...

That’s what we had today. It rained most of the day. Kristian and I decided to go off exploring, even though the weather wasn´t that good. The kids didn´t want to go anywhere, they wanted a day at home to relax. So they got their wish.


Kristian and I were hoping that the weather would change as the day progressed and so we headed off to find the Alpine Road. The Alpine Road is a road that goes over one of the highest mountains in Austria. Even though it was raining, the clouds over the mountains were fantastic to see.


We found the Alpine Road but the weather didn´t seem to be letting up, so we decided not to drive on it. It costs about 20 pounds to drive through so we thought it would be wasted money – we wouldn’t get to see too much.

Instead we drove around different areas and found some beautiful places. The rain kept falling and in the end we gave in and went to the shopping centre. I had a ball!! I love shopping and I love visiting new shops.

It was then home to the kids. Leah and I decided to go down for a swim and a sauna. It was wonderful! It was then home to dinner and an evening of watching "Everybody loves Raymond." Leah and I watched a film on my computer and then cuddled up in bed with a book. The end to a perfect day!

No comments: