Tuesday 20 July 2010

Family visit

Today my Aunt Kathleen was coming to visit, so I was up early to get things organised. I decided to take a walk up to M&S on the Boucher Road to get some things for lunch. It was raining and I sooo enjoyed the walk. On the way home I decided to literally go a walk down memory lane. I decided to go in and explore the Olympia Leisure Centre.

I spent many a happy hour there 25 years ago!! We would play badminton, swim, and when they finally got a fitness room we used that too, and after keeping fit we would stuff ourselves at the cafeteria!!

Well the Olympia has all changed. The fitness room is now moved to where the cafeteria used to be. The reception is also moved. The cafeteria is now moved to where the fitness room used to be. You can still hire the courts for badminton!! (I asked!) Oh the memories came flooding back!

You know I lived the first 21 years of my life here in Belfast and I have lived 20 years of my life in Denmark. So two places, with nearly the same amount of time in each place but yet I feel sooooo much more at home here. I fit in here!! Why is that? Its not like my life in Denmark is terrible. I have a great life in Denmark. I have wonderful memories of great times, just like here, but I just "fit" here. (Ok enough of my deep moment!)


So my Aunty arrived for lunch. We had a lovely afternoon of catching up.


Dad showed her his computer and we introduced her to Facebook and my blog. She saw a few few funny videos, like an irish woman trying to ride a horse!! haha We had a laugh.

We went up the Boucher Road to explore some of the shops there. It's amazing the whole shopping area that has been built there. It was then home to dinner before she left for home.

I really did enjoy the day.

No comments: