Thursday 29 July 2010

A day out....

...with me!! And it actually turned out great! There were sooooo many bargins in town. I had a ball. There was only one problem - too many bargins and not enough money!! haha

I must admit though, the conversations that I had with myself were pretty fantastic! (even if I say so myself! haha) I really enjoyed my own company today! Must remember to go out with myself some more!! haha

Anyway by the time Kristian came home I was all calm and content!! Not one bit of restlessness in sight! (Kristian was happy about that!) But maybe I was feeling that way because we were going out - something was happening this evening!!


We were off to a BBQ with our good friends, Jette and Filip. They have now moved to the big house in the country that they wanted us to share with them. (If you remember we said no - it was just not big enough for us, which was a real shame!)

But isn´t it just gorgeous? So cosy!!! I really wish it had fitted our needs cause we would have moved there in a flash! But it is great for Jette and Filip and their two kids.

The men went to get the grill going while Jette got the food organised and I played with the kids.


Jette had a friend visiting who I haven´t seen in a few years. Her name is Anne (Rhoda you maybe will remember her) I met Anne in 1992 at Kilchzimmer in Switzerland. She was 11 years old then and had moved with her parents from South Africa to Kichzimmer. Her parents were going to be working there. She helped look after Sara and was always playing with her and taking her walks.

Anne and Jette met each other at Kilchzimmer and became great friends. Then Anne came to Denmark to work for a year when Leah was just a baby. We haven´t seen her since then! It was really great to see her again and catch up. She is such a lovely girl! Great sense of humour too;-)


It has been a really great evening, and even though it rained, we had a very successful BBQ - just indoors!

8 comments:

Rhoda said...

I never met Anne, but I met her parents. She's dead like her dad.

You're right it's a shame the house didn't suit your needs, it looks fantastic.

Glad you got your head showered, and gave Kristian a bit of peace!

Stuart and Pauline said...

I agree with Rhoda about the house, it's such a shame that it didn't suit both your needs!!! It looks so idyllic!!! It also looks more like something you would see in the English countryside!!!

Glad you enjoyed your date with yourself!!!!

Rhoda said...

Laura the great thing about having conversations with yourself, is that there is no one to disagree with you! And especially if your own head is empty, then you can't even disagree with yourself!

Laura said...

hahahaha u r so right Rhoda - that´s probably why I enjoyed it soooo much. I was always right about everything!! hahaha

lisa said...

The house is so gorgeous! Its even better than when you described it, very picturesque! And I too am glad you enjoyed your date...with yourself! Its like I always say to Ronnie, a marriage is where one person is always right, and the other is a husband hahaha!! You reminded me of that wee saying!

Stuart and Pauline said...

I don't know if I should be admitting to this.

I remember once with the singing waiting outside church to go in to sing. I was moaning about something (I had a very valid point about something very important). Charlene, turned to me and told me to stop talking to myself, to which I replied:

If I can't talk to myself who can I talk to!!!!!?????

Good point, I think!!!

Charlene said...

The house looks beautiful Laura and you look very content.

I have always wanted to live in the country. Where we live at the minute you can travel 5 minutes in one direction and be in Lisburn centre and 5 minutes the other direction and you're in the middle of the country. I suppose that's one of the benefits of living in NI. I also had my dream of buying a field and buliding my own house - now I'm just too old for the hassle. Next move will be to a ready built one!
Pauline I can't imagine you having to talk to yourself and I can't count the number of times you've told that story!!!!! hahahaha

Laura said...

We have a saying in Danish. Du får ret og jeg får fred....You get to be right and get to have peace! I think that´s a good one.