Saturday 5 November 2011

A different Denmark....

A week ago I came back from Ireland and I came back to a totally different Denmark. Denmark´s forests had changed from different shades of greens to wonderful shades of browns, yellows and reds. I just love this time of year!!


It has been a really busy week. At school we are getting ready for our Christmas market. Then I have been in charge of keeping an account of the money that we are raising for our new playground. While I was gone last week things just piled up, so there were loads of things for me to take care off. I have worked a few hours extra every day, just trying to get caught up. Finally yesterday afternoon at 4.15pm I felt like I had caught up with everything and I could finally hold weekend!!

On Wednesday evening our door bell rang and when I opened the door this is what I saw.......


It was my crazy friend Anne who came by to cheer me up! She certainly did that!! haha  

She had brought a basket full of little treats that reminded her of me. They made me laugh sooo much. 

There was a cola - my favourite drink.


A bag of exspensive coffee! I better explain...in the summer Anne came by and we had no coffee so we walked up to the summermarket to buy a bag. I picked the cheapest bag I could find at about £1.30. Anne was appalled!!! She wanted me to buy the bag at £4.70!! NO WAY - we stood discussing this for ages. She felt so sorry for Kristian having to drink my cheap coffee. I have never heard the end of it! haha

A piggy bank with a few coins in it. This is to help with my parking exspenses as every time I go to town with Anne I park miles away from the center as I refuse to pay the high parking prices. This drives Anne crazy and gives her sore feet as well!! haha


A roll of toilet paper with hearts on it. This is because I usually text Anne when I am sitting on the loo! haha


A laughing bag, you know the sort, you press a button and there comes hearty laughter from it. So if I ever need a laugh I know where to go.


A couple of candles as I love to be cosy.


A box of hot chocolate, another one of my favourite drinks


A friendship book filled with information about Anne that made me smile.


And last but not least, a pair of cleaning gloves with a "diamond" ring attached. After all, even though I am a cleaning woman I can still clean with style!! haha 
 It was such a lovely idea that Anne had. Thank you my dear friend, so glad that I have you in my life!! 


The rest of the evening was spent eating, chatting and laughing! 


(Kristian also gets a laugh when we are together. Anne and I always misunderstand each other. So many times she is talking about one thing and I am talking about something else and Kristian realises this long before we do, we often hear him laughing from his wee racing seat in the next room! haha)


It´s been a good week but a busy one and my house has suffered because of the busyness of life. There has been no washing done all week so I am seriously running out of underwear. The place looks like a bomb has hit it! Honestly! Hope no one rings the door bell for the next few hours!! Well I suppose I better get going and get this place organised and cleaned. 


Bye for now

No comments: