Wednesday 30 November 2011

We´ve been there....

Where? To the bank!!!


Remember the house we were looking at, well we made an appointment to go and talk with the bank to see what we could afford. The bids have to be in next Wednesday and the starting bid for the house was 1.200.000 kr. When I talked to the estate agent, they were hoping for bids around 1.500.00kr. 


I was hoping we could afford 1.700.000kr so we could bid 1.400.000kr and then use 300.000kr to fix the house up. 


So today the bank told us that we could loan 1.500.000kr. Uummmm, that means we can only bid the starting price because we need 300.000kr to fix the house up so it will not be expensive in heating etc.


They did say that we could borrow more if we did away with one of our cars. Uuummmm.....Do we really want to do away with one of our cars??? NOOOOOOO!!!! 


I have biked around this country for years, in the rain, snow,and hail and at temperatures way down in the minus. If we went for this house with just one car we would be really isolated. (correction: I would be really isolated!) It is further out in the country, fine if you have a car to nip into town but not so fine if Kristian is away with the car and I need a carton of milk and have to bike 4km to town and 4km back again in the rain or snow!! And it would be me on the bike, as my work is closer than Kritians and everything I do is local. However biking, taking the trains or buses just take a lot more time and time is precious - VERY PRECIOUS!


So we have made our decision. We are NOT going for the house. We are not willing to give up one car so we can afford a house that will probably just give us more expenses in the long run with all the things that need done. But I am glad we went to the bank and got an idea about what we could afford. The lady who dealt with us was lovely, she gave us such good service.


Kristian was all worried for me when I came out of the bank. He thought I would be sooo disappointed but I wasn´t. I´ll tell you why.......


I had left the whole thing in God´s hands. I told God we would push some door and He would either have to open or close them. He had to show me if this was His best for me. So we pushed a door by making an appointment with the bank. I asked God to lead us and show us what we should do. One night in bed I was asking him if this was really a good idea to buy this house. Was this His will for us? Then a few days after asking him this I read Jeremiah 23,16...."They spake a vision of their own heart, not from the mouth of the Lord."  Uummmmhhhh - interesting I thought, was this house a vision of my own heart and not what God wanted for us. So I asked God for a sign......


I asked Him to show me my special verse from Psalm 37,4 in some way, without me actually going looking for it, either through someone speaking about it at church, or a friend feeling the need to send the verse to me, or me reading the verse somewhere, I just had to have read this verse before we went to the bank on 30th November. I made this "deal" with God last week and told him if I got the verse I would know that he was saying to go ahead with the house. That is was His desire for us and not just a vision of my own heart. Well guess what - the verse never came!!! So I am at peace. I don´t believe God wants us to buy the house. It was a vision of my own heart and I will probably get this vision again in the distant future but you know what I love? Having God there to guide me and help me make decisions! God is soooooo good! I just love Him.


So now I am off to plan Christmas!!! 



No comments: