Tuesday 8 November 2011

The weekend....

The weekend went by too fast! All day Saturday I spent in my PJs. I did get my house cleaned up and the washing done, although once again the washing basket is full and it´s only Tuesday. Saturday evening was spent watching some Raymond(Everybody loves Raymond series) which gave us a great laugh. 

Sunday morning we went to church. I had Sunday School and it went well this time. The kids really listened. 

In the afternoon there was a youth meeting for Leah and her friends. This happens the first Sunday in the month when they meet up with another church, so Leah stayed on at church. However before I got to leave church she had roped me into being a taxi driver for them. They were a group of hungry kids and they needed lunch - McDonalds was the place they decided they wanted lunch from. So the car was loaded up with a group of girls, lists of who wanted what, piles of money and lots of laugher. Off we went to McDonalds to get burgers, chips, chicken nuggets and soda for all the other kids waiting back at the church. Then it was back to the church to drop of the crazy bunch of girls with their piles of goodies. Finally I could drive home.  I drove half way home with the windows down because the car stunk of McDonalds!!  


Sunday afternoon my in-laws came by. It was lovely to see them. Jette (my mother-in-law) brought me a beautiful bunch of flowers. We ate loads of cake, especially my mother-in-law!! but I wasn´t far behind! haha We just couldn´t get enough, it was so delicious. Obviously I didn´t make it, otherwise it wouldn´t have tasted sooo good. It was bought at the bakery.



Early Sunday evening and Kristian starting packing his case. He was leaving to go on a course with his work. This was the last thing he wanted to do, after all, it was Sunday evening and he just wanted to sit down and relax with the rest of us. Instead he had to get going to be at the conference center ready for the teaching to begin at 8pm!!  


He will be away all week. He first comes home Saturday afternoon after doing his exam that morning! Another thing he is not looking forward to. It´s strange not having him around in the evenings. I miss seeing his wee smile! :-) 

1 comment:

Charlene said...

peace perfect peace Laura - wish I could get some! Our house as usual is so noisy. Your flowers are beautiful.