Wednesday 16 November 2011

Dream, dream, dream....

...I love to dream! I love to dream about all sorts of things. I dream about holidays I want to take and things I´d like to accomplish,  but one of my favorite dreams is about us owning our own wee house.

So today at work I was flicking through the paper. I NEVER look through the paper but today I did and something caught my eye. Five houses were for sale just 2km from where we live. They are houses that belong to the army but have been empty for a while. Kristian and I have driven by them often and everytime we have  commented on them just lying there empty when someone like us could be living there! haha.

 The houses are situated in a beautiful nature area and yet only 4km out from the center of town. We LOVE the area, right beside the forest. So when I saw this advert I got really excited. The price was not mentioned so I decided to text Kristian and see what he thought and to see if he could ring the estate agent and find out the price. 

(I alway call Kristian my dream breaker as he is always the practical one in this relationhip. He always shows me the flaws in my dreams and boy am I glad he has done that in the past, otherwise we would be in some right messes!! haha) 

 So I texted my dream breaker to see if he was ready to break another one of my crazy dreams!  But to my surprise he wanted to dream this dream with me! Before long he had found out that there was an open house today. We could go and check out all 5 houses after work. He then rang his brother-in-law to see if he could come along and check them out with us as he is a carpenter. I was speechless!! My husband was arranging all this - the content happy man who loves his wee apartment and his practical world was joining me in my dreamworld! 

So after work we went to see the house.......(so did a whole load of other people!!)

All 5 houses were similar just different in sizes. The one we like is 159 m2, that´s 59m2 more than we have in our apartment! 


Now they are not the most beautiful houses. Not something I would stop and say WOW about, but I did like them and the starting price is sooo cheap for this area.
The ground around the place is huge!! I can see a dog running around that big garden! haha 

 A new front door is definitely need!!! 
 A lot of work is needed done in the garden.
This is taken from the gate looking up to the house. We will have to make a garden path

The view from the garden gate.

 Above and below we have the livingroom...
 It´s big and bright. I could see us living here.
The kitchen, again not something to make you say WOW, but I can live with it....

The bathroom is ok.... 

We could see ourselves in this house and the best thing is that it is still in the area where we live! 

Now here comes the catch. The bidding price starts at 1.200.000kr ( houses around here usually have a starting price of about 2.300.000kr  so this is very cheap!) but the catch is this...you have to put your bid for the house in an envelope and close it, all the bids have to be delivered to the estate agent by 7th Dec at noon. The one who bids the highest wins the right to buy the house.

Yikes!! What can we afford? We now have to go to the bank and see what we can borrow. The house needs some work done on it too. 

The thing I am amazed at is my husband. He is sooo into this!! Normally I am the one planning and pushing to get things going but he seems very keen this time! He has talked non stop all evening about it!

So my day turned out very differently than I had expected. I wasn´t expecting to be sitting here this evening wondering what we should bid on a house! But I am a peace. I have given it all over to God. If this house is for us it will take a miracle for us to get it.

 I know that we can´t afford to bid much higher than the asking price  and by the look of some of the people that were there looking at the houses today,(going by their clothes and cars)  money seemed to be no problem for them so I am sure they can bid way higher than us. But God can work a miracle, so I have left it in his hands to work out. 

I love having God in my life! It´s great not to have to stress or fret about this sort of thing! 

Now I am off to bed to read my book:-)
I´ll keep you posted.




2 comments:

Etta said...

Hi Laura - is that called a "Dutch auction"? The house looks really spacious - and all that ground round it - you could have a great veg/fruit garden and even chickens!!!! Whoo hoo.... fresh eggs. Oh sigh. How lovely.

How you doing?

E

Karen Templeton said...

Laura,

I'm excited for you.

If you are meant to have the house it will happen. My friend was in a similar situation, she couldn't afford much for a car and she told the dealer the amount she could afford, which was way under the asking price. After a few weeks the dealer called her and said it was hers as nobody else showed interest in the car.

Just put in whatever you think is reasonable and pray about it.

Good luck!