Sunday 13 November 2011

One week in one post....

Last week went by sooo quickly. 

Monday I worked a few hours extra getting caught up with all the accounts for our fund raising. We are raising money for a new playground. I needed to have all the results for Tuesday morning. 


My friend Freddy frog had been helping me keep account of all the money that was raised. Each time the kids raised £500 he got a "flødeboller" (a Danish biscuit that is like a teacake) The aim was to fill the party table with "flødeboller" so we could hold a party! The kids loved it and they nearly filled all the plates!! Amazing!



On Tuesday at assembly, the two children that raised the most money were given gift tokens. The class that raised the most money was given a gift token for a trip to McDonalds followed by a trip to the cinema to see a film of their choice with popcorn provided. Not a bad prize!! 

The competition was fierce and it was neck and neck between two 6th grade classes. It was all rather exciting. In the end 6A won with 6B coming a close second. Since it was so close we decided to give 6B class a consolation prize of a trip to the cinema -  no McDonalds  and no popcorn but they were happy enough with that!

Tuesday afternoon I went to visit my old lady friend. She didn´t feel like going out so I did the shopping alone this time.

Wedneday I had a lovely afternoon with my friend Rhona. We met up after work for our traditional strawberry cake and a chat! It was just so great to be with her again. 

We spent a lovely few hours talking, mostly about God. Now if you don´t know God like we know God you might think that would be rather boring - but NO it wasn´t, not in the least! It was fab!!  

We have such a great God and Rhona and I were just bumming about that on Wednesday! I was feeling so happy and blessed by the time I was going home. It´s good to remember how good God is, and having someone to talk spiritual things over with is a blessing . God is soooo good! He has blessed me with so many great friends and Rhona is one of them!

Thursday I was busy again at work. This time it was getting ready for the Christmas market. 

Friday busy yet again. I worked from 7am till 5.30pm then I went food shopping, our cupboards were bare!!  I was finally getting into the house at 7.30pm and we were eating dinner at 8pm!! After that I tumbled into bed totally exhausted but feeling good. I had accomplished a lot and I was looking forward to our Christmas market at school.


Saturday was the Christmas market and it was fantastic. So many people turned up and there was a wonderful atmosphere all over the school. The school looked great too, totally transformed into a big market place selling all sorts of goodies!  I have the best workplace in the world! I LOVE it there!  


I was on the cake stand (off coure!! I love my cakes!) Thank goodness I didn´t have to bake any of them, I just had to sell them, along with a few others,  and sell them we did!! We made about £1400!! isn´t that amazing?!  The day went by so quickly. I worked from 9am till 5pm and then it was time to head home. Going home was something that I was looking forward too, not because it had been a busy day but because my hubby would be back home again.

Kristian arrived home Saturday afternoon after a week away. He had been on a course with work and ended it with an exam on Saturday morning. I was sooo happy to see him again. Shortly after I arrived home we decided to head out on a date so we ordered a couple of pizzas for the kids and we headed out to our wee cafe in town. We ate a light dinner and caught up with each other and what had been happening during the week when we hadn´t seen each other or really spoken to each other. 

Now it´s Sunday and another week is about to begin. This week is more normal, all the extra things at work are finished so I can concentrate on being a cleaning woman again - something I am really looking forward too! 

No comments: