Monday 21 November 2011

Let the Christmas season begin......

Ok, I know, I know it´s still only November but I just LOVE Christmas so I am itching to get the Christmas season going. Today one of our radio stations started playing Christmas music 24/7,  so throughout the day I have been enjoying all the songs that I love at this time of year! It really is starting to feel a lot like Christmas...


Sunday afternoon Sara, Leah and I decided that we would kick the Christmas season off  by having a cosy afternoon with Danish "æbleskiver", a type of round doughnut always served the weeks up to Christmas - eating "æbleskiver" is a great way to start the season! 



Our weekend has been great. Kristian and I had no plans at all! Friday evening Leah was going home to stay at a friends so the rest of us just lazed about on the sofa watching TV.  

Saturday morning Kristian went to collect Leah from her friends while I cleaned the house. When Kristian and Leah arrived home the house was all clean and tidy. We decided that we would use the rest of the day to go out and have some fun. We decided to head into Copenhagen. Sara was working at the go-kart track and Kristian wanted to go in and collect some tools that he had lying in there. Since the go-kart track is in Copenhagen we could combine going in there and then going out to have fun. 

So that´s what we did. We arrived at the go-kart track around lunchtime. I had to laugh at my hubbys face, it literally lit up when he arrived out there!! The same with my daughter, they just LOVE that place! It was fun to see Sara out there working. 

She made me a hot-dog and it tasted delicious!

We hung out at the track for about an hour and then headed into Copenhagen. We decided to head to one of the big shopping centers and spent a wonderful few hours walking around getting ideas for Christmas.


It was then home to a cosy Saturday evening with the kids. We rented a dvd and sat on the sofa eating our dinner and watching our film. Sooo cosy. It has actually been a real family weekend, lots of hanging out together in the living room, talking and watching TV. 


Sunday morning we went to church and on the way home we went by the house that we like that´s for sale.  There was "open house" again. We went in and had another look around. There were so many people looking around the place again, I really don´t think we have a chance. Hhhmmm, we are still wondering what to do.

No comments: