Sunday 1 April 2012

Missing you, you, you and you

I am now in Ireland. It is wonderful to see dad again and we have had a lovely time together so far.


I arrived late Friday evening. Saturday we had a long lie in, something we both needed. When we finally got up we decided to go around the corner to the local cafe and have an Ulster Fry. It was delicious as always. It was then home for a few hours of relaxing in front of the TV.


Late afternoon I decided to head into town to do some food shopping. Dad stayed at home as he has the cold. I had a lovely few hours in town. A quick visit to The Faith Mission, then a walk through Primark - too many people!! I walked right through without looking at anything. A visit to HMV - one of my favourite shops and finally food shopping in Tescos and M&S.



It was amazing how shopping  could make me miss my family. Walking through Primark I thought of my girls. In HMV I saw a DVD with Bruce Willis, Leah loves Bruce, so off course I thought of her. Then I saw Top Gear, I thought of Kristian. In Tescos I saw CurlyWurlys and I thought of Kristian. I saw Milk Bars and I thought of Andrew. I saw Skittles and I thought of Sara and so it continued through out the day. By the end I was feeling homesick for Denmark!! haha


Saturday evening dad´s neighbour came over. We had a lovely evening together, mainly talking about God and discussing different Bible verses. 


Today we are just relaxing as dad still has his cold and cough. I don´t think he should go out, so we are having church here at home, listening to different preachers on the God channel. So relaxing - just what I need.

2 comments:

Etta said...

Hi Laura - sympathies to you and Kristian and the family - I remember K's dad from your wedding. I'm glad you're getting to visit your dad. Parents are special - mum's just had an operation today and it's always hard seeing them so vulnerable when they're troubled. Say hi to your dad for me.

Laura said...

Thanks Etta, I will say hi to dad. Sorry to hear your mum has had an operation, hope she is doing ok. Say hello to her and ur dad from me. It´s lovely seeing dad again and I am so enjoying a rest!