Saturday 7 April 2012

Quiet day....

It has been a quiet day on the homefront. Andrew and Leah have been hanging out in their rooms, as teenagers do.


Kristian and Sara are at a go-kart event and will first be home Sunday evening. Sara left on Wednesday and Kristian left yesterday after collecting me from the airport. (The less said about that the better. But you can be sure that Mother here has not been a happy woman since she heard that she would be spending the Easter weekend without her hubby. Especially since I haven´t seen him for a week. But when it comes to Kristian and racing, I am no competition...racing wins everytime! Oh don´t get me started again!!! Lets quickly move on)


So I had a good long lie in this morning. It has been a very relaxing day. I had no plans (you know me being on my own and all - ok I know I´m milking it now!! haha) I got the fridge cleared out and then went food shopping and stocked up for the next few days. It was nice to be back in my local supermarket. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon on facebook catching up with friends on the "live" chat. 


This evening at dinner Andrew, Leah and I sat and watched some old videos that dad had put on some discs for us. We had such a laugh. Leah was about 4 years old and was just so cute. Andrew was 8 and was just as cute and Sara was about 10 . She had lost her cuteness by then!! hahaha  It was so much fun to see the kids this young and we all had a good laugh.


This evening I talked to dad. It doesn't look like he is getting out of hospital anytime soon, maybe on Tuesday. I am glad I got to spend the week with him when he was at home but I wish I could also be there to visit him in the hospital. He has gotten 4 units of blood today and they want to check him over and do some tests. My wee dad is such a gem, he just takes it all in his stride and is just content. He has his Kindle with him, so he is a happy man. 


Tonight I watched the Lazer show from the Titanic Building, live on the internet. At the start I thought it was slow moving but I must admit, it was impressive as it went on. When I talked to dad earlier I told him to go to the window and have a look, to see if he could see anything. He is on the 11th floor in The City so the view is usually fantastic! He was hooked up getting his blood transfusion but hoped to be able to wheel it over to have a look. Hope he saw something.


So now I am about to head to bed. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. A wonderful day - can´t wait to go to church and  celebrate that Jesus is alive! 


I read this quote tonight on face book and I thought I would steal it.   "I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I´m to die for! " Love that!  Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: