Tuesday 3 April 2012

Monday and Tuesday.....

I can´t believe it´s Tuesday already!! Where is the time going!

Monday morning I spent on the phone sorting different things out for dad. It felt good to get loads of things ticked of my list of things to do for him. Monday at lunchtime we headed up to the hospital. It was time for him to get his platelets. The afternoon was spent up there and it was 4pm when we got home again.


After some dinner Dad decided he was feeling well enough to head out to the local church for a meeting. My cousin Lorraine had sent me a message through facebook wondering if we could meet up. It suited me fine so while dad was at the meeting I headed out for chinese with Lorraine. It was delicious! We ate far too much but we had  a lovely couple of hours together before she headed home to her wee family and I headed home to dad. 


The rest of the evening dad and I spent in front of the TV. I got a bit of reading done too. I actually got my book finished. I haven´t had time to read since Christmas but on Friday evening I started a book and Monday evening, I finished it. It was good!! (The Lies we tell by Diane Chamberlain.)Now I am about to start book number two for this week! I´m loving it!! 

Today we couldn´t do anything as dad was getting blood. The Marie Curie nurse arrived at 9.30am to get dad all set up for his 2 pints of blood. It was lovely to meet her, I had heard so much about her from dad. She was lovely and we had a lovely morning together. She was finished by 2pm. Dad was tired and so he went to have a wee nap while I went to Tescos for some bread, milk etc.
Just before dinner my sister-in-law arrived with my niece and nephew. She usually heads up to see dad and this time she had a big pot of stew with her! It was delicious!! Gillian you make the best stew - I love it!! It was lovely to relax with them,

No comments: