Monday 11 February 2013

A lot achieved today...

Today Gillian came up and we got to work organising things regarding dad´s death. There really is a lot to do and loads of different people to contact like Sky TV, the  electricity board, the insurance people etc. We got the most of it done this morning. Then this afternoon I got some more things sorted in the house. 

Then this evening some of my friends had contacted me and said they would like to come by for a wee cuppa tea. I don´t have too many nights to see everyone individually so I decided they all could just drop by, if they had time on Monday evening, I would be home. That is what happened. 

Also some close friends of mum and dad came by to help pack things down and they did a fantastic job! They got a lot of things sorted in the bedroom:-) Thanks Sandra and Jim.

The evening was great. There was a big surprise for me! One of my friends lives in Scotland but is home visiting her mum. At one stage I went in the kitchen to get something and when I came walking into the living room again there was my friend  Rhoda standing looking at me. I got the shock of my life! I couldn´t believe she was here. It was sooo good to see her again. In fact it was good to see everyone again.


We had a great evening sharing stories from our lives. (Now girls remember what happens in Belfast - stays in Belfast hahaha)

One thing I forgot to write about last week was the day that Krisitan and I went to see my old home. It was gone! Totally demolishedThe place looked so different.

 We knew roughly where the house would have been. We lived beside an electricity pole and we found the pole.
 Then Kristian made another discovery. He found the tiles that would have been our doorstep. We had actually found the entrance into my old home. It was really special. My first thought was to tell dad about it and then I remembered he wasn´t around to tell. However later on one of the visitors told me that dad had told her about finding the hall tiles, so I was happy to know he had seen them not so long ago.


 
 Here I am standing in what would have been our living room, warming myself by the fire:-)

Wonder what this area will look like in a few years time?! Looking forward to seeing what they accomplish.   

No comments: