Sunday 17 February 2013

Going home....

Today we leave to head back to Denmark. I am feeling all sorts of emotions. On the one hand I am looking forward to going home and seeing Kristian and Andrew again, (I wont see Sara as she lives 4 hours away), and on the other hand I am so sad to be leaving Ireland and this wee home that has been my dads for just over a year. It is strange not having a home here anymore. However I know I have family and friends who I can stay with anytime I wish.

Family and friends have been so wonderful over the last 2 weeks. They have dropped by and helped with all sorts of things! For that I am truly thankful. I don´t know what I would have done without all their love and support. Thank you doesnt seem to say enough.

Dad´s house is now empty except for the beds we slept in last night. 

On Tuesday I didn´t think we were going to make it, I was starting to panic a little when I saw all the things we still had to pack. However by Wednesday afternoon I could see a light at the end of the tunnel, things were slowly coming together.

Wednesday evening Leah and I went to my old school friend´s house for dinner. It was lovely spending time with Alex and his wife and kids and it was wonderful to eat a home cooked meal. Tracey was an awesome cook! (I haven´t been doing much cooking over here!) It was just a lovely relaxing evening catching up.

Thursday morning we worked on the house again and then Leah and I decided to have the afternoon off. We headed into town and had a few hours walking around. It was actually good to do something other than pack boxes and sort through things.

Thursday evening we went to see a film. It was Leah´s choice...uummmh...a romantic zombie film. Rather sweet and boring but she enjoyed it.

Friday we worked hard all day and got the last of the things packed and taken to charity shops. Friday evening the furniture and appliances were picked up and my dad´s home became just an empty house except for 2 beds. It felt strange.

I was ahead of schedule so Saturday my cousin and her kids came by and we went out for lunch. It was such a lovely couple of hours with them. Leah then headed into town with them. Gillian came up and we got some last minute papers sorted and then just spent some time together. Lauren and Lewis went to town too.



To end our Saturday we went to see Les Miserable.. Since we didn´t have a sofa or TV we needed something to pass our Saturday evening, so the cinema seat became our sofa and the big screen became our TV. What a fantastic film!! I enjoyed every bit of it and I will admit I had a wee cry too.




No comments: