Monday 25 February 2013

Feeling good....

For the last ½ year or so my legs have been really bothering me.  I did go see the doctor who ended up  just giving me pain killers. I am not big on taking pills so I only did take them for a few days. Since then I have struggled on and just tried to rest my legs whenever I could. 

Just before going to Ireland I started to take a spoonful of Cod Liver Oil in the mornings. After about a week I thought my legs felt a bit better. Then I had to go off to Ireland and I had no Cod Liver Oil with me. For two weeks I ate unhealthy, drank too much soda and hardly drank any water. While in Ireland my legs were sooo sore, they even ached when I was just sitting.

Since coming home I have been on the Cod Liver Oil again and drinking water. After a week I think it is having an effect.


So today my legs did not hurt, they were not heavy and they did not ache. I had sooo much more energy. I realised how much the pain/heaviness in them really drains me. Normally when I come home from work I can only think about putting my feet up on the sofa. Other times I sit at work for 15 minutes or so with my feet up, so I can get the strength to drive home. 

But today after work I went to town, met my friend Rhona and had a cuppa and chat with her - and I sinned by eating a piece of strawberry cake!(but otherwise I have been good today!) It was great seeing Rhona and yet again the time flew by! 

Now having a full day at work and then going out afterwards is something I do alot. Usually my life is busy. I have full days and I love that. What was different about today was how I felt! I had so much enery, I did not feel exhausted and longing for the sofa to put my weary legs up for ½ an hours rest! 

In fact, on the drive home the weather was soooo beautiful. The sun was huge and it was low in the sky. I could see it through the trees in the forest. It made me want to go for a walk. So when I came home I went inside and got the camera and then went a walk. YES - I WENT A WALK!!! Now I have longed to do that on other days but on other days, my legs were soooo sore that I just couldn´t do it! I would limp from the car to the house.

However today, I had the most wonderful walk. It was cold but beautiful. I walked without even limping and had a lovely 20 minute walk! 






The pictures do not do the colours of the sky justice. The sky was more red/orange/yellow but I just could not get it captured on my wee camera.

Now for something else:
Years ago I went to Switzerland for 3 months. There I met a girl called Linda Corry. She had (and still has) a beautiful singing voice. Linda just recently made a CD. I bought dad one for Christmas and so when I was home clearing dad´s house, I found the CD. I  brought it back with me and listened to it yesterday for the first time and I haven´t stopped listening to it since. I just love the songs on it. Below is a wee taste of it. If you like it, it is called Break my plan by Linda Corry and all the money from the CD goes to the work of CEF. 

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just bought a bottle of Cod Liver Oil Laura - didn't know it would taste like fish, yuk!!

Anyway, I'm hoping it will help my back - I'm in constant pain.

I'm so glad you are feeling so good and energized.

I'll keep you posted!

Shauna

Laura said...

Hi Shauna Can you not get Cod Liver Oil with Lemon taste. That is what we have here and so it is very easy to take a spoonful in the morning. I really do think it has helped my legs.
You know the other day I was reading about some natural pills that this woman took for back ache, I am thinking of trying them too ....ok just found the article again. She had hurt her back when she worked as a carer and had lived in constant pain. She started taking them and after 3 weeks noticed a difference in the pain and then after a month there was no pain. They are called Avosol. Maybe you can get them in Ireland?? I am going to try them to see if they help, they can´t do any harm as they are natural...avocado oil and soya I think...so I will let you know what I think. Hope you get some relief from ur pain. Yes keep me posted if you feel a difference

Unknown said...

I took the Cod Liver Oil last night and again this morning and today I have felt great - better than I can ever remember. I actually woke up this morning pain free.

I'm going to finish the bottle, I'll persevere.

Although it's probably just psychological! I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

xx

Charlene said...

Glad to hear you're getting some ease Laura!