Sunday 24 February 2013

WARNING.....

...this could be a LONG post!!! 

I have been back in Denmark a week. 

This time last Sunday, Leah and I had a long journey in front of us. First we were to take the bus from Belfast to Dublin Airport, then from there fly to Denmark. However instead of taking the bus some good friends decided that they would drive us. What a treat that was! It turned into a day trip out!

We stopped for lunch in a lovely wee restaurant, then since we still had time to spare, we went by The Battle of the Boyne Visitors Centre and had a tour around it. I am so embrassed to say that I do not know my history. I actually thought James was King and it was William of Orange who came to try and take the throne from James. Got that wrong! Also discovered that there were Danes who helped fight in the Battle - Fynske Foot (from the Island that Kristian was born on!) All very interesting.








After an hour there it was time to get to the airport. We had a good flight home and we were finally home in our wee house at midnight. It was a long journey but a good one.

Monday was a hard day. Getting home so late meant I first got to bed at about 1am and then was up again the next day at 6am for work. 

The whole week has been hard, I have felt a bit lost, not really knowing what to do with myself. I have lost count of how many times I have thought about ringing dad or gone to check Skype to see if he was online. Kristian has been the same. One evening while I was lying on the sofa Kristian came in and said "Are you not going to..." and then he stopped. He was going to say "...ring and check on your dad." It is just going to take time.

Friday evening Sara rang with some great news. She had been out looking at an apartment. 

We had been looking for a new place for her for a few months.When we moved for her in November we knew the place she had gotten was only temporary. The room was fine, but she had to share the kitchen and bathroom with a whole bunch of old men and she really wanted her own place with her own bathroom and kitchen. 

Since November we have been looking for something else. She had been close on a few occassions to finding a place, but always something happened and the whole thing would fall through. Finally on Friday everything came together and she found her place! A place she can afford and that´s in a lovely area. She just loves it.





 After living like she has the last 3 months she will really appreciate having her very own space. Guess what we are doing next weekend?? Yes - helping her move!


Saturday I finally got my case unpacked and we got the house cleaned and organised. Kristian also spent a lot of time clearing out some of the garage. Things are looking good.

Now it´s Sunday and we are all relaxing. I had Sunday School this morning with a bunch of hyper boys! So I am sooo enjoying my Sunday afternoon on the sofa listening to a CD that my friend Linda Corry has made. It is such a good CD. Ahhhhh I wish there were more Sundays in a week!!! Just a few more days like this would be wonderful:-)

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Goodness Laura, never a dull moment with you! So glad you've had a really relaxing afternoon and I agree there should be a few more Sundays in the week

Etta Wils said...

... a month of Sundays maybe.....?

Etta said...

meant to say Laura - next time you're over, the Apprentice Boys' museum and all the Derry's Walls stuff is fascinating too - I'm working on a documentary about the 400th anniversary of the city and I'm beginning to wonder if I ever knew anything!