Tuesday 5 February 2013

Dad is Home....

...really HOME!! 

You never know what a day will bring forth. Sunday when I woke up I had no idea what lay ahead and how one phone call would change my life. 

Gillian called me on my mobile but I didn´t hear it, as the phone was in the bedroom. Luckily, I went to get my phone just 5 minutes after she called. (I wanted to take a picture of my crazy neighbour, but that is a whole other story for another time, right now I am so thankful that I did go get my phone when I did.)

 I knew Gillian was going to visit dad so when I saw she had phoned I knew something must be wrong, but I  thought that dad must have had another nose bleed. I called her back to hear how things were and was not prepared for what I heard.

 Dad was gone, he had passed away. I couldn´t believe my ears!

 I had just talked with him Saturday evening at about 8pm his time. We had a great chat and chatted for a good half hour to forty minutes. He was feeling great, he sounded bright and fresh. He had had a great day. He had gone for a walk in the sun and enjoyed getting so much fresh air. He had also seen a film I recommended and had enjoyed it so much. 

I went to bed feeling good about him and not at all worried because he sounded so good.

Dad is now home....really HOME! Home with family and friends who have gone before but more importantly he is home with the Lord which was something he was soooo looking forward to. I miss him. I can´t believe I will never hear his voice again (this side of heaven) or even get to hug him. (I loved to hug him) But I know where he is and I know he would never exchange places. He is out of pain, he is healthy, he is happy and loved. 

He was a wonderful dad. He would have done anything for me. I knew I was loved and I am so blessed to have had a dad like him. 

Below is a tribute to him. The song is sung by Guy Penrod and it is one of my favourites. Listen to the words as you watch the pictures I put together of precious times that we have had together as a family with dad.




No comments: