Tuesday 16 April 2013

Enjoying life.....

We have had a few good days.

Kristian and I planned a date night. It has been a while since we´ve been on a date so we did something about that on Friday. Kristian told me to be ready for 5pm and when he came home from work, he rang the door bell and acted like a real date coming to pick me up!


 We headed to our favourite Italian restaurant and had a delicious meal and a good old natter. It really was a great evening out.  

 Some friends gave us their old garden furniture. We were so happy to take the garden set. At the weekend I went out and got some cushions for the chairs and a plastic table clothe for the table. 

The table clothe that I actually liked and wanted for the table was 10 pounds a metre, which I wasn´t going to pay for a clothe that would be outside all the time!! so I settled for the one in the picture which I got for 2 pounds a metre - that was more like it! Even though it might not be my first choice it does the job! I do LOVE my bargins!



 I also wanted to get some lanterns for outside the house, but these too were so exspensive so I headed to a flea market (jumble sale) and found some great bargins. The lantern in the picture below I got for 3 pounds!


 The two below I got for 3 pounds for the two of them!


 When my colleagues were here a few weeks back, they gave me a gift card for the local plant shop, as a house warming gift. I decided to use the gift card at the weekend and a pile of plants and flowers were bought. I had a great time! There were sooo many bargins and suddenly the one side of the house was full of colour.



 I made different areas around the place to sit. These different areas get the sun at different times of the day. 
 It is amazing to see the flower bed today (Tuesday) compared to when the picture below was taken (Sunday). So many things have sprung up over the last two days. I didn´t do anything with the flower bed at the weekend as we want to see what will come up over the next few weeks and then we will decide what we should do.


 The weather in Denmark changed at the weekend and on Monday it got really warm! I bought a strawberry cake on the way home from work and Leah and I sat outside and enjoyed our snack. It was about 18 degrees. I sat outside for ages and read a few magazines before falling asleep. I first woke up at the sound of our neighbour, Laura, coming home.

n

 Talking about Laura....her cat, Bert, has more or less moved in with us! Shadow and him are starting to get along. They can be in the same room together and one day they even shared Leah´s bed. 


On Monday I went outside and was greeted by two cats sitting on our chairs. The one was Laura´s cat, Bert and the other one, our other neighbour´s cat which we call Charlie (not sure what his real name is!) Good job we like cats!



 Shadow had to also have a chair!

Kristian loved coming home to all the cats!

Monday evening and we ate outside for the first time! We are loving the change in the weather!


And we are loving the fact that we can now sit outside and eat! 

No comments: