Sunday 21 April 2013

If at first you don´t succeed....

....you try and try again!! That´s what "they" say isn´t it?!! So today I decided to try again, to see if I could succeed at painting abstract. 


Boy it is hard for me to paint abstract. I want my painting to look like something.....
 I don´t have that deep arty thing going on that other painters have - you know where they have to get out their anger or joy or sadness, so they put those feelings on canvas. (I must not be that deep!) 

I just look at the canvas and see nothing! I feel nothing! haha I just want to paint something that looks like something and then I try my hardest not to make it look like something - only then it looks awful! Most of the time it looks like something a child has done in kindergarden.


All afternoon Kristian was popping in and out trying to encourage me.

I was telling him how I had no feelings to put down on the canvas. He told me to think about what makes me mad....hahaha I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT TO THINK ABOUT!!  GO-KART!!! haha Like when he goes away 3 weekends in a row to a go-kart race, which he has done the last few weekends!! That can crack me up! So I thought about that and started to paint, I got all my frustration out! hahaha It was fun! Above is the result. I call this painting..."Go-kart madness!" I still don´t like it, but it´s the closest I have ever come to a decent abstract painting. I don´t like the colours and I probably will paint over it again and try something new in the near future.


Then I tried another technic. I used a palettee knife on the painting above. I call it Jungle dreams. When I look at it, it reminds me of Africa....like a jungle. I like this one better than the other but still not one I would hang up anywhere! Ah well, once again I had fun.

The weather has been fantastic today. Before I started painting I was able to spend a bit of the afternoon on the bench, basking in the sun, with my book! Long may the good weather continue!

No comments: