Sunday 7 July 2013

Can´t believe.....

....that I am off work now for the next month!  It hasn´t quite sunk in yet so I keep having to remind myself. Oh it feels good! 

It also feels good to have had a productive weekend here at home. Kristian was home too - no go-karting this weekend! I love when he is home and we have had a lovely weekend just hanging out here.

We decided we wanted to get rid of the big flower bed. We are just not garden people. We decided we wanted a bigger grass area so we will sow grass and make a tiny flower bed up against the fence.

That meant the bushes had to come out of the flower bed. Kristian and Andrew got to work!





By the end of it all, it was looking good. Camilla came for dinner and hung out for a while. Andrew is still totally head over heels in love! They make a cute couple. (still weird for me to see my son like this!)




After dinner Andrew took Camilla home and Laura, Mia, Leah and I decided to go for a bike ride. I don´t have a bike so I borrowed Mia´s old bike - a bit on the small side but it did the job!

 You see we are in training! Next week we are going on a road trip!! Us four girls are going off for two days of biking - now that should be fun!!  But my poor bum needs to get into shape! haha We must have biked 8 km last night and I could hardly sit on the bike by the end of that. We will be biking about 36 km next week to a bed and breakfast place on the coast! Dear help me!




It was a beautiful evening and I got to see some areas close to us that I haven´t had a chance to explore. It was so beautiful. 





When we got home I took some time outside to water my plants and tidy up my paint room. When I came in this is what I found.......


A tired father and daughter after a hard day.



Today has been a beautiful day. This afternoon I decided to do some painting....only this time on the fence. We found some old paint out in the garage and so Kristian and I had a lovely afternoon out getting the fence all fixed up. Laura (our neighbour) was gone and we wanted to surprise her by having the fence all painted for her coming home! 





Slowly but surely things are coming together. It takes time but I just love this wee place. (Old and run down as it is) I feel so blessed to be here and I hope that we have the joy of living here for many years to come. 

No comments: